Hero (CO): $10.00
      BTN: $13.14
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $23.19
      UTG: $19.17
      MP: $35.82

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A :club: 8 :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 5 :spade: 2 :diamond: 8 :club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($1.85) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

River: ($4.25) 3 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40

This villain is 48/28 on 435 hands. However he actually has very low aggression frequencies 20% +/- 5% on each street but I still found it quite hard to work out what was going on.

While posting this hand I've noted two rather important pieces of information that I didn't take into account whilst playing the hand:

1) He has 0% 3bet so far on this fairly sizeable sample.

2) He has just 5% donkbet on 43 opportunities.

This may make turn an ok spot to fold? Still don't feel like folding flop is a great idea. Perhaps though I'm exploiting the villain really well by giving up on this flop vs a donk?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa

What's the plan for opening this hand preflop? How are we planning to take the pot postflop against this guy?

As played preflop, I would flop and turn here but probably fold the river.
      I'm not sure that this guy is going to bet worse 8x on the river, and considering his 0% 3bet, he has quite a lot of better hands as well such as JJ/TT etc.

• DaPhunk
      How tight are you opening on CO that you fold A8o as standard? 19 to 20% steal? Seems a little bit extreme to me unless 90% of BTNs are abusing us which doesn't seem to be the case in these games.

Without checking his foldtocbet stat I'm guessing we'll have a +ev cbet game even if we ignore the equity of our hand. With such low aggression I'd say its quite likely he plays his hands fairly faceup which will make it fairly easy for us to play well in position. Its fairly easy to not overvalue our Ace either. I generally classify any kicker T or under as being fairly similar, either bluffcatcher or thin value styleee strength when we hit an A.