This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 10 turn play?

• seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $11.98 (119.8 bb) (39/3) 31 hands
      CO: $26.09 (260.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $12.23 (122.3 bb) (41/34) 32 hands
      SB: $7.64 (76.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T Q
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) Q 9 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.48, BB calls $0.48

Turn: ($1.61) T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Such a small bet? I normally raise when some one minbets or bets very small. Since I have decent showdown value I jsut call.

River: ($2.01) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

When he checks here i dont want to bet because that thats what he might expect me to do and I might have to fold when he shoves or raises.

Is this line okay?

Results:
      $2.01 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: Q 9 2 T 6
      BB showed 8 8 and lost (-$0.98 net)
      Hero showed T Q and won $1.91 ($0.93 net)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Definitely raise the turn - we have top two pair on a very drawy board so we want to protect our hand.

As played, what are your concerns about bet/folding the river? I doubt this player is going to turn a made hand into a bluff, also I doubt that he's going to bluff at all, so if he raises we have an easy fold here and there are plenty of worse hands to call here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • seranpoker
      seranpoker
      Bronze
      WOuld you call this kind of play a major leak, as i am losing value here? I find that i am overly agressive with marginal hands and passive with slightly stornger hands
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by seranpoker
      WOuld you call this kind of play a major leak, as i am losing value here? I find that i am overly agressive with marginal hands and passive with slightly stornger hands
      Yeah, it might be considered as a major leak, because on the microstakes we should be looking forward to bet for value a lot (including thin value) and not betting with a hand like two pairs on a connected board against a fish isn't going to end up well in the long run.