Consistancy

• SharkySmurf
      SharkySmurf
      Bronze
      ok well im looking for some tips on staying consistant, will more tables = less likely to tilt? i am quite frankly, pretty damn good at times, but every now and again i will just take myself away from the solid play and loosen up to much, though i know occasioally you need to be loose, 'to loose' any advice is mostly appreciated anyway, and im not one to not be open to advice either :)
  • 2 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You shouldn't play more tables "because it will make you tilt less". You should play more tables if you are playing all your hands correctly, and have more time freeing up as you gain experiance.

In SnG's it is necessary to play loose at times, and if you play too tight at this stage (due to having to many tables open), then your winrate will suffer.

If you switch to playing 6, there might be a time that you have to play 5-6 HU at once. If you cant handle that you shouldn't play that amount of tables. You need to be playing your absolute "A" game at all stages of a SnG.

If you stay focused on playing each hand the best you can, then tilt will fade away to a certain extent. If you feel you are loosening up to much (ie, tilting), then try a 5-6 second delay before you click the buttons each time. This has helped me in the past, it slows the whole urgency of the game down, and really gets your mind in order.

If you feel you stray away from your "A" game at times, visit this Beginners SnG analysis

GL at the tables!
      Stiev
    • SharkySmurf
      SharkySmurf
      Bronze
      thanks for the reply mate most appreciateed, i did find at one point that having something opn and if i ever felt anger coming on, reading that, and it kinda tamed it a bit? thanks again