Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $28.13
      CO: $30.85
      BTN: $28.23
      Hero (SB): $24.75
      BB: $23.24

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has K:heart: J:diamond:

fold, CO calls $0.25, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 3 players) T:spade: Q:diamond: A:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.50, fold, CO calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $4.50, CO calls $4.50

River: ($14.25, 2 players) 8:spade:
      Hero bets $18.00 and is all-in, CO calls $18.00

Hero shows K:heart: J:diamond: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 25%, Flop 87%, Turn 97%)
      CO shows A:spade: K:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 75%, Flop 13%, Turn 3%)
      Hero wins $48.25

Only seen 2 hands on the CO but he called an all in w 7 high FD on turn so assumed fishy station.

I think he will call three 2/3 pot bets super loose so is it better to try get max value from Ax (and draws on flop and turn), or less value but paid by a much wider range of hands?

KJ good enough for iso vs fish OOP right? What'd be the worst hands we'd consider iso raising in this spot vs huge station? I know it should have been 4bb btw :f_biggrin:
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: At least 4 BB if not 5 BB because we are OOP. Since you are assuming he is a huge station we can play any broadway, bigger aces, pairs, and even some decent suited connectors (with a raise).

Postflop: I would just bet pot here on all streets. If he has a hand to call (as a station) he'll call any amount and we set our river shove a lot better so we don't have to overbet.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Metza,

Preflop: At least 4 BB if not 5 BB because we are OOP. Since you are assuming he is a huge station we can play any broadway, bigger aces, pairs, and even some decent suited connectors (with a raise).

Postflop: I would just bet pot here on all streets. If he has a hand to call (as a station) he'll call any amount and we set our river shove a lot better so we don't have to overbet.
      Would raising something like A8o+,A2s+, broadway, 66+, 67s,89s,T9s be fine? Do we want to raise 22-55 here also and just try to check them down unimproved?
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Our isolating range especially oop depends on the fish. I wouldn't recommend here weak aces, so I would prefer something like ATo+, A8s+, any broadway vs unknown fish!
      We need to know his limp-fold tendencies and his fold to cbet percentage. If he doesn't like to give up postflop I wouldn't advice to raise weak pocket pairs oop or connectors.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      Our isolating range especially oop depends on the fish. I wouldn't recommend here weak aces, so I would prefer something like ATo+, A8s+, any broadway vs unknown fish!
      We need to know his limp-fold tendencies and his fold to cbet percentage. If he doesn't like to give up postflop I wouldn't advice to raise weak pocket pairs oop or connectors.
      Metza, pretty much this ^.

If you play against stations you don't want hands that require FE to show some profit. You also don't want hands that can't really get much value or any value at all (And you can't bet them).

As you find more info on the villain you can of course change your range.