MP3: $5.15 - 103 bb
      CO: $1.70 - 34 bb
      BU: $2.07 - 41 bb
      SB: $5.78 - 116 bb
      BB: $6.50 - 130 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , 2:club:
      SB posts small blind ($0.02), Hero posts big blind ($0.05), 3 folds, SB raises for $0.08, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.20 - 4 bb) 5:club: , 3:club: , 2:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises for $0.25, SB calls

Turn: ($0.70 - 14 bb) A:heart: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.70 - 14 bb) 9:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.66, Hero calls

-----

SB was unknown but had goldstar rating in pokerstars (4 stars).

Preflop: Opted to defend vs a minraise with a plan to raise his cbet on many flops.

Flop: one of the best flops I could get so I raise for protection from overcards mostly, but my raise is a semi-bluff because if he calls I'm behind.

Turn: he calls so I put him on possibly Ax FD or a higher PP. A set is also possible but I think it would 3bet me on the flop to get it in. I decided to check back the turn as I didn't improve and if he had A high FD he is not folding and I'm probably behind. If he has PP I'm still behind.

River: he pot bets into me and I tank. I don't think he would do that with higher PPs. So it's only A high FD which missed or random 4x which is still a possibility. I decided that it is possible that he would take this line with AJ+ of clubs and he want value on the river so my 2 pair will probably be good 1/3 times.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Dawidas888,

I think preflop defend with 92s is unnecessary here, but certainly not ridiculous with position vs a min-raiser.

I think flatting flop is fine with a hand this strong. You will have odds/implieds to call any turn, especially when you have a pair with your draw. If villain checks turn you can bet.

As played I would barrel the turn here. We don't have much info on villain but you will have all-round good fold-equity and pot-equity. Villain may easily fold a hand like 66-JJ on this turn card. Villain may also call with a hand like Q:cJ which you are a favourite against. Betting looks all round better than checking.