[NL2-NL10] nl5 sh 99 UTG

• kokicar
      kokicar
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.10 (102 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.61 (112.2 bb)
      MP: $4.19 (83.8 bb)
      CO: $1.33 (26.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.17 (23.4 bb)
      SB: $1.18 (23.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 9
      Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) 7 8 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.82) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.58, BB raises to $1.16, Hero calls $0.58

River: ($3.14) J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.57, BB raises to $3.54 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.97

Results:
      $10.22 pot ($0.51 rake)
      Final Board: 7 8 5 T J
      BB showed 9 Q and won $9.71 ($4.61 net)
      Hero mucked 9 9 and lost (-$5.10 net)

dude don't know button fold. flop i made cbet for protecion. on turn he raise small(when fish min raise i call) i think few second but i call. of course on river i can't fold that.should i just check behind river???
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

The turn call vs the minraise is probably fine as we are getting good odds. On the river i dont think he has Q9 too often so i would bet/call here.

This hand is impt becayse we now know that villain is capable of raising turns light with draws. In the future i will not give his turn raises so much credit.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Isn't it better to take check on the turn?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Isn't it better to take check on the turn?
      Better to bet. We have extra equity now and we can still make better hands to fold and worse hands to call.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      What better hands are you aiming to fold and what worse to call at the same time? What are your actions in the face of c\r? Yes, we have increased pot equity but I doubt about steady value bet here and I doubt it's a bluff bet.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      What better hands are you aiming to fold and what worse to call at the same time? What are your actions in the face of c\r? Yes, we have increased pot equity but I doubt about steady value bet here and I doubt it's a bluff bet.
      Well yes, there might not be that many better hands actually to make fold, but we have valuebet against draws and 7/8x here. We could also make him fold some hands that still have plenty of equity against us, like QJ/QK, and we don't want to give them free card.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yes, agree to you, bet is of course possible and mayhap even best play here. Cb have advantages of not value betting ourselves against hands like AT, KTs, QTs, JTs, vs tricky played sets, not thinking what do if he raises occasionally plus we have option of catching river bluffs depending on the sizing.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Turn bet is highly dependent on number of 8x combos bb can have. If villain has K8 A8 Q8 J8 then its a bet for sure. If villain only has suited connectors than the turn T improves stuff like J9s and T9s and JTs so checking may make more sense.

This is microstakes so maybe the avg fish defends bb vs utg way more often than he should. Or maybe he is super nitty in calling utg raises from bb. I dont know which is which when no info is provided.

Given that we saw Q9 in villain's range, he should have A8 K8 Q8 J8 so i prefer betting turn if we already had this info beforehand.