CO: $22.06
      BTN: $12.75
      Hero (SB): $36.17
      BB: $24.30
      UTG: $18.92
      MP: $4.61

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN raises to $2.20, Hero raises to $6.00, fold, MP calls $3.86 and is all-in, fold, fold

Flop: ($12.42, 2 players) T:spade: A:club: 8:spade:

Turn: ($12.42, 2 players) 8:heart:

River: ($12.42, 2 players) 7:spade:

Hero shows K:club: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (Pre 81%, Flop 90%, Turn 95%)
      MP shows 6:diamond: 6:club: (Two Pair, Eights and Sixes) (Pre 19%, Flop 10%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $11.86

Can I ever flat here w KK? Cold 4bet basically turns my hand face up. shortstacked BTN is quite fishy and will probably not fold if he has a pair on the flop so I'd get his stack too, whereas 4betting makes it hard for him to make a mistake.

Also if I had called would MP's shove have counted as a full raise (meaning I can raise again)? Since it was not quite 2x I thought maybe not and didn't want to take the risk of crowded bloated pot w KK.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We have no other option but to reraise. If u coldcall here, theres a very high chance that the other two players will call too and playing 4way sucks with KK.

I rather win a smaller pot than to lose a larger one. Same reason why u dont limp with AA.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

We have no other option but to reraise. If u coldcall here, theres a very high chance that the other two players will call too and playing 4way sucks with KK.

I rather win a smaller pot than to lose a larger one. Same reason why u dont limp with AA.
      MP is mega fish, 99% of the time he is going all in here.
      If I flat the $2.20 and he pushes for :facepalm: just realized he had $4.61 so obviously it counts as a full raise. I also remembered that before btn 3bet my plan is 2.2 3bet as well so he can shove and maybe get another caller then I can re-shove. For some bizarre reason I forgot this the second btn 3bet and instead focused on winning his stack. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Given that I am basically sure MP is pushing, can I then call and use him to bump up an extra bit of cash from medium strength hands from CO/BTN, who may then even feel committed?

Can't believe I made a plan to exploit this mp players stack size to my advantage and then forgot it ten seconds later...
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I disagree that he's pushing almost always. While he is probably likelier to push given his stack size, you'll be surprised to see some fishes just call preflop with half their stack.

Im not too sure how the shortstack reraising thing works. I think he will first have to call (2.2-.75=1.45) more. The pot will then be 2.20+2 .20+2.20+0.75+0.25= 7.60 and mp will have 4.60-1.45=3.15 so i dont think u can reshove over when mp pushes.