[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - BBvsBTN [ATs]

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      SB: $4.45 (44.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.27 (202.7 bb)
      UTG: $5.70 (57 bb)
      MP: $10.40 (104 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) J T T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($3.15) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN raises to $4.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: ($11.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.70 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.70

Results:
      $20.95 pot ($0.94 rake)
      Final Board: J T T Q 6
      BTN showed 6 T and won $20.01 ($9.56 net)
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$10.45 net)

Villain was 21/19 over 100 hands with 46 BTN PFR .. seemed reasonable only other history with V was a hand where:

He opened QQ in MP ... i called JJ behind on BTN .. Flop 3J 4 .. i call his cbet & turn comes A He checks and i check behind river is a K and he X/C half pot bet after some tanking then says something about liking the drama and i said i should a just raised the flop lol

Preflop: prefer calling to keep all dominated A's in but maybe should be thinking about 3Betting?

Flop: Probably one of the best flops i could hope for and fully expected a Cbet so planned on a Check raise after the hand we had before hoping he might call with worse hands and think im trying to rep something i don't have or just spaz out there and then

Turn: This is where i'm totally lost to this minraise, not sure what i should be doing if it should be calling/shoving or folding. :f_confused: i cant work out what hands he would be doing this with, the board however is quite drawy though so im guessing i should just be shoving to protect but he will fold all his air and call with better hands boats and maybe he somehow got there with AK. Although i guess he can also call with overpairs / combo draws and worse T's .. am i on the right lines?? lol

River: Not really thinking at this point as the turn confused me so much :f_eek: but the turns a blank so just X/C hoping he's either spazzed or be ahead of weaker T's or maybe 2pair or OP

Cheers
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Just jam turn, you have so small stack left and K/9/ any :heart: makes river decision awkward.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I'll review your previous hand first. I think that this is a very clear bet on the Turn with top set. I fail to see how you are ever beat here when villain checks the Turn so you should just bet Turn and bet River.

Thanks.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Turn: With the straght draw completing and you losing to some straight combos + QT/JT/QQ/JJ, I Don't think you can re-jam the Turn since you are probably not a favourite. At the same time, I think your hand is too strong to fold. My guess is that you have somewhere around 30%+ equity so that's enough to b/c the Turn and probably c/c River.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Turn: With the straght draw completing and you losing to some straight combos + QT/JT/QQ/JJ, I Don't think you can re-jam the Turn since you are probably not a favourite. At the same time, I think your hand is too strong to fold. My guess is that you have somewhere around 30%+ equity so that's enough to b/c the Turn and probably c/c River.
      thanks for the thoughts really horrible hand, how do you estimate the 30% equity? If you or any member could break it down and go through it step by step i would be very appreciative

Thanks in Advance
      ABShortland