This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - BBvsBTN [ATs]

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.45 (104.5 bb)
      SB: $4.45 (44.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20.27 (202.7 bb)
      UTG: $5.70 (57 bb)
      MP: $10.40 (104 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, SB folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) J T T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($3.15) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BTN raises to $4.20, Hero calls $2.20

River: ($11.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.70 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.70

Results:
      $20.95 pot ($0.94 rake)
      Final Board: J T T Q 6
      BTN showed 6 T and won $20.01 ($9.56 net)
      Hero mucked A T and lost (-$10.45 net)

Villain was 21/19 over 100 hands with 46 BTN PFR .. seemed reasonable only other history with V was a hand where:

He opened QQ in MP ... i called JJ behind on BTN .. Flop 3J 4 .. i call his cbet & turn comes A He checks and i check behind river is a K and he X/C half pot bet after some tanking then says something about liking the drama and i said i should a just raised the flop lol

Preflop: prefer calling to keep all dominated A's in but maybe should be thinking about 3Betting?

Flop: Probably one of the best flops i could hope for and fully expected a Cbet so planned on a Check raise after the hand we had before hoping he might call with worse hands and think im trying to rep something i don't have or just spaz out there and then

Turn: This is where i'm totally lost to this minraise, not sure what i should be doing if it should be calling/shoving or folding. :f_confused: i cant work out what hands he would be doing this with, the board however is quite drawy though so im guessing i should just be shoving to protect but he will fold all his air and call with better hands boats and maybe he somehow got there with AK. Although i guess he can also call with overpairs / combo draws and worse T's .. am i on the right lines?? lol

River: Not really thinking at this point as the turn confused me so much :f_eek: but the turns a blank so just X/C hoping he's either spazzed or be ahead of weaker T's or maybe 2pair or OP

Cheers
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Just jam turn, you have so small stack left and K/9/ any :heart: makes river decision awkward.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I'll review your previous hand first. I think that this is a very clear bet on the Turn with top set. I fail to see how you are ever beat here when villain checks the Turn so you should just bet Turn and bet River.

Thanks.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Turn: With the straght draw completing and you losing to some straight combos + QT/JT/QQ/JJ, I Don't think you can re-jam the Turn since you are probably not a favourite. At the same time, I think your hand is too strong to fold. My guess is that you have somewhere around 30%+ equity so that's enough to b/c the Turn and probably c/c River.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Turn: With the straght draw completing and you losing to some straight combos + QT/JT/QQ/JJ, I Don't think you can re-jam the Turn since you are probably not a favourite. At the same time, I think your hand is too strong to fold. My guess is that you have somewhere around 30%+ equity so that's enough to b/c the Turn and probably c/c River.
      thanks for the thoughts really horrible hand, how do you estimate the 30% equity? If you or any member could break it down and go through it step by step i would be very appreciative

Thanks in Advance
      ABShortland