[NL20-NL50] nl 50 QQfr

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $23.88 (47.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $60.99 (122 bb)
      UTG+2: $50 (100 bb)
      MP1: $50 (100 bb)
      MP2: $55.93 (111.9 bb)
      MP3: $57.75 (115.5 bb)
      CO: $50 (100 bb)
      BTN: $18.44 (36.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG+2 raises to $1.25, 5 folds, SB calls $1, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.75) T 5 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

Turn: ($3.75) 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25, UTG+2 folds

River: ($8.25) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $11.75, Hero calls $11.75

Results:
      $31.75 pot ($1.43 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 9 9 7
      SB showed J A and lost (-$15.25 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and won $30.32 ($15.07 net)

Hi,
      opener was a reg with with 70% fold to 3b and or about 11%. And midstak on sb, most likely have something like TT,JJ, or good broadways, cause he would probably 3b with monsters : .
      So I called cause there is not many worse hands that is giving me value when I squeze.
      On flop I planned to chceck/call and fold to further agresion cause open raiser is not agresive, but he could bet JJ, draws and even 2 overs cause me and sb dont really hit that board as callers oop.
      Turn I called, maybe I could raise to get value from JJ and Broadways with FD, but then he would muck all of his bluffs with which he could bet on River cause he is agresive. Maybe its smal sample but hes agresive both pre and post as far, so I made that assumption. River did not change anything and he is overbetting.
      He probably puts me on marginal hand or busted draw, cause I would squeze most overpairs. So what is the point of overbet with TT here if I dont have JJ+. Besides I dont think he can have here 9T, 98 cause he would fold or 3bt pre.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't quite understand your logic here. We know that SB's range is capped, so we shouldn't squeeze? Does that mean that if SB's range can contain AA/KK as well, you would prefer to squeeze then? This is definitely a 3bet here and I don't think it's close at all. I don't think JJ and TT are folding to a squeeze anyway and he'll probably backraise those hands.

Flop: I would lead flop if there was a fish in the hand. But if there were a fish I Would probably squeeze anyway. I think leading flop here with QQ is fine with 2 regs, there are a good amount of worse hands which can call on the Flop.

Turn: Easy call

River: Our hand is massively underrepresented but at the same time it's only a bluff catcher. Is he capable of bluffing here? I Think QQ is closer to the top of our range and vs the overbet we need to defend 40% of our range here to be unexploitable, assuming villain is balanced in his bluffing frequencies on the River.

Thanks.
    • sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Silver
      preflop I meant that I'll see a lot of folds if I squeze and sb will probably play back only with JJ and TT so I thought its better to call.
      Abuot his bluffing frequency I knew nothing unfortunately.