UTG raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.70) 4:heart: J:club: 5:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.62

SB: 67/16 51h

UTG:

notes:
      folds to donkbets well - foldded on KQx mono

open UTG w 65s when fish was in BB, on 20 vpip table, cbh Q9xss without draw, cbh K, cbh 4

I think his equity could be good so I did not raise and did not call. He is not that agro, his range can have many draws and Jx.

But this is also posible to donk bet - he often folds and rarely raises (noticed in review only). I have backdoor FD and str draw, so this could be good, because its cheaper coparing to bluffrase or float. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the fact that he raises to 4bb but he opens 17% from UTG and we have KQs so I think this is barely defensible.

Flop: I think folding is a little too weak. Donking could be an option but I wonder if you are balanced here - Would you lead some top pairs sometimes? If not I much prefer checking with my entire range and you can either c/r or c/c, both are acceptable since you have 2 overs and backdoor straight+flush draws.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Donking could be an option but I wonder if you are balanced here - Would you lead some top pairs sometimes?

No I would not as long as he folds to donkbets so much. At the same time - do I need a balance here? He might not notice this I think.