This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KQs vs cbet

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.53)
      Hero ($20)
      UTG ($25.72)
      CO ($20)
      BTN ($22.70)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.70) 4:heart: J:club: 5:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1, Hero folds

UTG wins $1.62

SB: 67/16 51h

UTG:

notes:
      folds to donkbets well - foldded on KQx mono

open UTG w 65s when fish was in BB, on 20 vpip table, cbh Q9xss without draw, cbh K, cbh 4

I think his equity could be good so I did not raise and did not call. He is not that agro, his range can have many draws and Jx.

But this is also posible to donk bet - he often folds and rarely raises (noticed in review only). I have backdoor FD and str draw, so this could be good, because its cheaper coparing to bluffrase or float. What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the fact that he raises to 4bb but he opens 17% from UTG and we have KQs so I think this is barely defensible.

Flop: I think folding is a little too weak. Donking could be an option but I wonder if you are balanced here - Would you lead some top pairs sometimes? If not I much prefer checking with my entire range and you can either c/r or c/c, both are acceptable since you have 2 overs and backdoor straight+flush draws.

Thanks.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Donking could be an option but I wonder if you are balanced here - Would you lead some top pairs sometimes?

No I would not as long as he folds to donkbets so much. At the same time - do I need a balance here? He might not notice this I think.