[NL2-NL10] NL400 AK Postflop?

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      BB:
      $400,00
      Hero:
      $102,00

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $14,00, 3 folds, BB calls $10,00.

12/6/5/10/117

Flop: ($30,00) Q:spade: , K:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18,00, BB calls $18,00.

Turn: ($66,00) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $40,00

yseesa this hand is especialy for you!
        how can I improve my Postflop Skills with these Hand?
        Whats are my Options?
        1. Push because I have nearly PS left -> but thats to easy ;)
        2. bet. Bet like me or you prefer bet 1/2 PS all the way? I think, when i will call, he will also call a higher bet then 1/2 PS
        3. check behind for bluffinduce on the River or for callinduce River. He could call a Q or a weak K on the River. Cause of my BDFD I needend to protectso much against 4 or 5 Outers, because I steal them some Outs.
  • 2 replies
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi allizdor ;-),

first of all we would need much more stats to choose different lines, I really think he can also have a strong hand according to his stats and trap you. Anyway you should maybe bet the flop 20$ to let him make a bigger mistake to call with a draw and an easier call on the turn. He will give up many turns unimproved with a draw, but when the pot would be 70$ and you only had 38$ behind he gets better outs. So you get better flop protection and looser calls from draws on the turn. its only 2$ and the equity doesn't change this much but 40$ in 66$ looks way stronger then 38 in 70 which is nearly half pot.

I don't like checking behind the turn, a King will pay you off anyway a draw will only pay you off when he hits, so its better to bet the turn to get value from draws. You will sometimes bring a Q to fold with your turn push, but I think more often a draw will call.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      thanks,

117 hands, so i think i can't give you any more interessting stats.

did you noticed, that i am not ai on the turn?