This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL400 AK Postflop?

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      BB:
      $400,00
      Hero:
      $102,00

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:spade: , K:spade:
      Hero raises to $14,00, 3 folds, BB calls $10,00.

12/6/5/10/117

Flop: ($30,00) Q:spade: , K:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18,00, BB calls $18,00.

Turn: ($66,00) 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $40,00

yseesa this hand is especialy for you!
        how can I improve my Postflop Skills with these Hand?
        Whats are my Options?
        1. Push because I have nearly PS left -> but thats to easy ;)
        2. bet. Bet like me or you prefer bet 1/2 PS all the way? I think, when i will call, he will also call a higher bet then 1/2 PS
        3. check behind for bluffinduce on the River or for callinduce River. He could call a Q or a weak K on the River. Cause of my BDFD I needend to protectso much against 4 or 5 Outers, because I steal them some Outs.
  • 2 replies
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi allizdor ;-),

first of all we would need much more stats to choose different lines, I really think he can also have a strong hand according to his stats and trap you. Anyway you should maybe bet the flop 20$ to let him make a bigger mistake to call with a draw and an easier call on the turn. He will give up many turns unimproved with a draw, but when the pot would be 70$ and you only had 38$ behind he gets better outs. So you get better flop protection and looser calls from draws on the turn. its only 2$ and the equity doesn't change this much but 40$ in 66$ looks way stronger then 38 in 70 which is nearly half pot.

I don't like checking behind the turn, a King will pay you off anyway a draw will only pay you off when he hits, so its better to bet the turn to get value from draws. You will sometimes bring a Q to fold with your turn push, but I think more often a draw will call.

Best Regards

Ysessa
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      thanks,

117 hands, so i think i can't give you any more interessting stats.

did you noticed, that i am not ai on the turn?