This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 zoom AKo Preflop decision

• redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      Hi
      Just a simple pre-flop question for you:

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: $2.24 13/10 (39 hands)
      Hero (SB): $2.16
      BB: $2.26 20/20 (5 hands)
      UTG: $1.00
      MP: $2.38
      CO: $11.42

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:diamond: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, BB raises to $0.20, fold, fold

BB wins $0.12

Bu looks nitty so far so I'm gonna give him ~15% opening range from the button. I have 54% equity vs. that range so I flat. Raising would be a bluff I think and AKo is not in my 3-bet bluffing range (!). When the BB squeezes, I have to believe him with stats of so few hands right? Is this a situation where folding AKo pre-flop is the best play? Also, would AKs be closer to a 4-bet/jam?

I'm new to tracker stats so still just finding my feet at the moment.

Cheers!
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

"Bu looks nitty so far so I'm gonna give him ~15% opening range from the button."

I disagree with this. I think he is opening at least 20-25% from the BU. That's like a typical CO opening range and AK is strong enough to 3bet vs such a range. I'm definitely 3betting here

When you get squeezed I think you should backraise all-in. Just shove your entire stack over his raise.