American in Japan - Cashout from PS/FTP

• PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Hi all,
      I am an American who has been living in Japan for almost 4 years. I will be moving back to the states in August. I have about $700 between FTP and PokerStars. I have some Japanese bank accounts, but I have no idea how to get money from PokerStars to them.
      From what I can tell, even if I get a Skrill or Neteller account, those won't let me transfer money to the US anyways.

So, my questions:
      1) Does anyone know a way to cash out and easily transfer money to the US?
      2) If not, Are there any players in Japan who can tell me about their cashouts to Japan?
      3) If these don't work, should I just hope poker legislation in the US happens soon and I can wait til PSs is back in America and just leave my account on there until that happens...?

Thanks for any help, suggestions, or questions.
  • 6 replies
    • duckspace
      duckspace
      Bronze
      Pokerstrategy have Japan community, maybe you can find the anwser about how to withdraw money to Japan banks.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Ok I'll try. My Japanese is okay, but not great, lol.
      がんばります!
    • Shunzi
      Shunzi
      Bronze
      You will definitely want to avoid using any of the big name banks like UFJ or Japan Post because they will take off a huge fee for receiving international wire transfers.

Your best bet will probably be Moneybookers with Shinsei bank(http://www.shinseibank.com), which does not charge for most transactions including receiving wires in USD.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Cool,
      I friend requested you.

Technically we have an account at Shinsei that is a forwarding account. When we wire money there from our other Japanese banks the money is converted to USD and send to our US bank account. Do you think that might work? All PokerStars needs is the information for a Japanese Bank Account, right?
    • PhoenixPhreak
      PhoenixPhreak
      Bronze
      Actually, another question I have to anyone in Japan getting cashouts from Pokerstars or FTP. Is the wire transfer (振込) from an account in Japan, or is it from a foreign country?

Thanks again!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Moved this post to our PokerStars board.

Thanks Shunzi for helping out. You are probably better off PM'ing your questions though to Shunzi, PhoenixPhreak :)

Hopefully you can figure this out.

Fingers crossed,
      Gary.