This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJo BB vs SB tricky turn

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      Known Players:
      UTG3: $4.20 - 84 bb
      MP1: $4.03 - 81 bb
      MP2: $2.10 - 42 bb
      MP3: $6.18 - 124 bb
      CO: $5.81 - 116 bb
      BU: $5.00 - 100 bb
      SB: $7.20 - 144 bb
      BB: $5.38 - 108 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0.02), Hero posts big blind ($0.05), 6 folds, SB raises for $0.13, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.30 - 6 bb) 9:club: , 8:club: , 2:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.60 - 12 bb) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises for $0.90, Hero calls

River: ($2.40 - 48 bb) A:club: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero calls

-----

SB is 21/14/3 over 371. Steal 47.4.

Preflop: I thought about 3bet for value but opted to just flat as it would be a bit marginal and I can play postflop IP.

Flop: I float the flop and often I'll have the best hand.

Turn: after he checks I take a stab at the pot at he almost insta raises me as if he was expecting that. This seemed very fishy and after checking his stats I saw that he doesn't like to give up. I opted to bluffcatch here.

River: great card for me. It is unlikely now that he did this with ace high FD. Hands that beat me are A9/A8/A3/A2 and they would c/c the turn rather than c/r. I also don't think he takes c/r line with sets so he either has a K/Q/J high flush or a missed SD possibly. I think I'm ahead of his range.

1. I'm not sure if my turn call is correct. Should I just take a free card after he checks? The main problem I had on the turn was his timing of a raise - almost insta raise - and the size of it - cheap.
      2. Was my river call/reasoning correct?

In retrospect, had the river been some other card I would had troubles calling so I should just fold the turn OR take a free card.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Flop: I think calling is fine, though if we knew that villain has a tight cbetting range on the Flop, you should fold here because a tight cbetter will bet a really strong range on such a draw heavy Flop.

Turn: I think you can either bet/fold here, turning AJ into a bluff, or check back for showdown. The wider villain's range is, the greater your relative hand strength and showdown value is.

The turn bet/call is way too optimistic.