MP3: $6.18 - 124 bb
      CO: $5.81 - 116 bb
      BU: $5.00 - 100 bb
      SB: $7.20 - 144 bb
      BB: $5.38 - 108 bb

0.02/0.05 No Limit Hold'em (8 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , J:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0.02), Hero posts big blind ($0.05), 6 folds, SB raises for $0.13, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.30 - 6 bb) 9:club: , 8:club: , 2:spade: (2 Players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.60 - 12 bb) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises for $0.90, Hero calls

River: ($2.40 - 48 bb) A:club: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero calls

SB is 21/14/3 over 371. Steal 47.4.

Preflop: I thought about 3bet for value but opted to just flat as it would be a bit marginal and I can play postflop IP.

Flop: I float the flop and often I'll have the best hand.

Turn: after he checks I take a stab at the pot at he almost insta raises me as if he was expecting that. This seemed very fishy and after checking his stats I saw that he doesn't like to give up. I opted to bluffcatch here.

River: great card for me. It is unlikely now that he did this with ace high FD. Hands that beat me are A9/A8/A3/A2 and they would c/c the turn rather than c/r. I also don't think he takes c/r line with sets so he either has a K/Q/J high flush or a missed SD possibly. I think I'm ahead of his range.

1. I'm not sure if my turn call is correct. Should I just take a free card after he checks? The main problem I had on the turn was his timing of a raise - almost insta raise - and the size of it - cheap.
      2. Was my river call/reasoning correct?

In retrospect, had the river been some other card I would had troubles calling so I should just fold the turn OR take a free card.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I think calling is fine, though if we knew that villain has a tight cbetting range on the Flop, you should fold here because a tight cbetter will bet a really strong range on such a draw heavy Flop.

Turn: I think you can either bet/fold here, turning AJ into a bluff, or check back for showdown. The wider villain's range is, the greater your relative hand strength and showdown value is.

The turn bet/call is way too optimistic.