[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 99 27-04-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.57 (51.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.58 (111.6 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $8.40 (168 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $27.48 (549.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 9
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.24) A 2 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.56) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

River: ($1.36) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, BB raises to $4.32 and is all-in, Hero folds

hi,
      One of my typically bet bet bet fold hands :)

Villain isn't overly passive, but think he wanted to defend his blind...

Preflop:
      Raise for value

Flop:
      The A is a scare card and a good spot to cbet bluff.

Turn:
      When 2nd ace came, it made it more unlikely for him to have it, however it also made it more unlikely for me to have it. cbet for value.

River:
      I decided to bet here as I think he would fold most bluff catchers, when he raises me I think I'm beat, properly some sort of Ax hand FH is possible.
      Atleast I don't think I beat anything any more.

Villain:
  • 6 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd raise 3x pre, as we are playing oop. BU it's ok to open 0.12.

Flop turn std, river is ch/fold or ch/call. What better hands will fold to your sizings there?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

This is definitely overplay. I'm not sure what hands you actually think can call you down 3 streets. King high?

Just because the turn brings the 2nd ace, doesn't mean you have thin value with 99 here. Do you think he has more combos of AX preflop or 7X preflop? With the 2nd Ace out, it's 33% less likely that villain has an ace himself, yet he will still have more combos of AX than 7X or 88/66/55/44.

I suggest you count combos to see how big of a mistake betting thrice is. Try posting them here, and I will guide you along.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Guess I'm a fish for thinking he would 3bet me with Ax hands then, as thats something I would have done.

I assume his range would lean towards something like this:
      77+,A9s+,A5s-A2s,ATo+

This is when he is thinking about my play, I'm very aggressive and will cbet most flops, I don't know if thats what he was thinking, but anyways if this is what calls me 3 streets I see your point.
      Guess it's a tilt moment for me as well, when I'm tired of getting called every street, should just have given up on turn.
      Just assumed he would know that I would cbet a flop with an A, and call me and try and steal the pot on turn, as thats the usual game against me + it works, I have to give up on most turns.

And I have a leak being a bit to aggressive from the SB. It's just so messed up all the times I get called they don't seem to give up to cbets ever unless I have AA ofc :P
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Guess I'm a fish for thinking he would 3bet me with Ax hands then, as thats something I would have done.

I assume his range would lean towards something like this:
      77+,A9s+,A5s-A2s,ATo+

This is when he is thinking about my play, I'm very aggressive and will cbet most flops, I don't know if thats what he was thinking, but anyways if this is what calls me 3 streets I see your point.
      Guess it's a tilt moment for me as well, when I'm tired of getting called every street, should just have given up on turn.
      Just assumed he would know that I would cbet a flop with an A, and call me and try and steal the pot on turn, as thats the usual game against me + it works, I have to give up on most turns.

And I have a leak being a bit to aggressive from the SB. It's just so messed up all the times I get called they don't seem to give up to cbets ever unless I have AA ofc :P
      Just don't think that villains think as much as you do. Rarely anyone 3-bets here with Ax, as they have position to outplay you ;)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't know how wide you defend here in BB, but personally here's what my range looks like

A2+, 22-88 (I 3bet 99/TT), J7/Q7/K7/T7s/97s/87s/67s/57s

I would usually call twice with 7X and fold the River. The turn doesn't really bring any draw though, so I would actually fold here with 7X unless I had reason to believe that villain is barreling pure air here, like KQ.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think villain's strategy matters too much here. Even if he does 3bet AX a good amount, you would still need him to defend many more 7X here than usual.

Here's your equity based on what you told me
      board: Ah2s7cAd

On the Turn
      77-AA,A9s,A2s,A3s,A4s,A5s,AT-AK 87.41%
      99 12.59%

As you can see, you are crushed here really hard.
      A more optimistic estimation

77-AA,A9s,A2s,A3s,A4s,A5s,AT-AK,J7,Q7,K7,T7s,97s,87s,76s,75s 55.38%
      99 44.62%

You are still an underdog here so you cannot bet for value