Why is ipoker so nitty?

• canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      So I was discussing this with another player of ipoker and I asked him the same question. He answered its because of influx of Chinese Pros. What are your thoughts on this matter? Ohh and one more thing. People say William Hill is nitty , poker 770 is not..why is that? They share their player pool, so the nittiness of any ipoker skin is the same.
  • 24 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      rakeback grinders and probably bots too
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      I guess you haven't player anywhere else, except biggest poker sites.
      Try some euro sites with average 500 player base where everyone is reg, than ask this question again.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      Try some euro sites with average 500 player base where everyone is reg, than ask this question again.
      But those regs have a skill level of average stars SSNL fish
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by BLOWMEBABE
      But those regs have a skill level of average stars SSNL fish
      No doubt that they are bad, but it's still tuff to get free $$. From my opinion Ipoker is full of complete morons.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      No doubt that they are bad, but it's still tuff to get free $$. From my opinion Ipoker is full of complete morons.
      It is true ipoker players are actually very basic level of players. They fold almost every contibet raises if they dont hit anything on the flop. But the bigger payoffs are quite hard to get. There is this one player I played against who raised only .02 cents on a $1.40 pot in the river with nut flush. They are tough to squeeze money from.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Bots? isnt it illegal?
      Well some of the players do play like bots, but beating a bot is much easier than beating a player.
      Rakeback deals are a game changer. Thats why I am glad Pokerstars, 888 do not offer rakebacks.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by canniballsy
      Bots? isnt it illegal?
      Well some of the players do play like bots, but beating a bot is much easier than beating a player.
      Rakeback deals are a game changer. Thats why I am glad Pokerstars, 888 do not offer rakebacks.
      It's against the rules but not illegal. iPoker has been known for being poor at detecting them and used to be a go to network for botters. Not sure how things have changed in the past couple years, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if microstakes here were infested with poorly programmed bots.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      2NL and 4NL games (usually but not always) are very nitty and it is hard to get any action with all the folding stations (or bots?!?) but I suppose one should play opposite to what the table is and play loose. Or table select.

10NL to 50NL tends to be more loose and passive than 2NL. :O Especially turbo cash tables which seem to attract casual players. I have witnessed a 50NL turbo cash game play like a fun money table! Okay, slight exaggeration there, but I am sure you all will understand what I mean when I say they can be loose and passive games. A shame about the rake however, but I'd sooner play here than on shark/reg infested Pokerstars at 10NL or above. For 2NL I'd sooner play on Pokerstars for the above reason.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Bots? isnt it illegal?
      It's against the rules but not illegal. iPoker has been known for being poor at detecting them and used to be a go to network for botters. Not sure how things have changed in the past couple years, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if microstakes here were infested with poorly programmed bots.
      Until they rake decent amount of cash they gonna be around us and yes - ipoker/partypoker is perfect client for botting(I am not encouraging you folks, just sayin). Especially in this anonymous hu tables etc.

If someone says that bots are bad, useless etc., I disagree because this bots aren't even good. They are ****ing great! 5/10, 10/20 HU some of the bots has been pwning regs with 10-17bb/100.
      I think it makes sense. I have seen by self how works nl50 9max bot - default reg.
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arthurbentley
      2NL and 4NL games (usually but not always) are very nitty and it is hard to get any action with all the folding stations (or bots?!?) but I suppose one should play opposite to what the table is and play loose. Or table select.

10NL to 50NL tends to be more loose and passive than 2NL. :O Especially turbo cash tables which seem to attract casual players. I have witnessed a 50NL turbo cash game play like a fun money table! Okay, slight exaggeration there, but I am sure you all will understand what I mean when I say they can be loose and passive games. A shame about the rake however, but I'd sooner play here than on shark/reg infested Pokerstars at 10NL or above. For 2NL I'd sooner play on Pokerstars for the above reason.
      Yeah and thats exactly how I am playing :) . These players fold if they dont hit any. If bots are playing there then hallelujah for me :) . I would rather play the bots than the players. Easy to detect their patterns and rip them off.
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arthurbentley

Yeah and thats exactly how I am playing :) . These players fold if they dont hit any. If bots are playing there then hallelujah for me :) . I would rather play the bots than the players. Easy to detect their patterns and rip them off.
      i hope you understand that most of the bots are mounted, regulated by players, poker pros? So for example some 25/50 person set bot and it will definitely pwn regs who are playing nl600 tables. Hackers+pros = good poker bot.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Yea those nl1k winning bots is what scares me the most about the future of online poker. But at least currently, such bots are in wast wast minority of all bots, and most are either losing or winning small at the absolute micros which is still horrible for the games as even a losing bot won't lose as fast as fishes do and with their ability to play multiple tables for w/e amount of hours is skrewing up fish to reg ratio.
    • darkpenance0
      darkpenance0
      Bronze
      I've been playing on WH, I don't think there are as many bots as your making out.
    • martinstids
      martinstids
      Bronze
      DAMN BOTS! ...

[Edited by HollyMichelle] - That comment was quite anti-semetic and therefore not allowed. Please do not speak like this again.
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      It's not nitty when I play there, I'm donating money all over the place at the mo!

Although running 9BI under EV is not helping :-(
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I played on Ipoker on several occasions and I can tell you that there has always been a huge bot infestation and they have definitely got a lot better, the bot network players are interconnected and share databases so they get information on you faster so as soon as the network realises you know how to exploit the bots in its network it shuts you out from making your moves and they are a lot better at adapting preflop than they used to be.

This is based on playing NL10 up to NL50 FR about 4 years ago, and some micro-stakes NL2 and 4 on William Hill 2 winters ago. The problems were not limited to cash games, but also HU sng's where I encountered several winning bots who were able to put in huge volumes. It was very frustrating to see so I cashed out and vowed to never play on Ipoker again.

After a HUsng lobby search I didn't find any of the bots I remembered, but interestingly I saw one of the many "TTR" players I recalled playing cash games on a game type I haven't seen one of them play before. Here are some selected shark-scope stats returned for him, he is not a winner:

TTR126676461 :
      Count: 43,719 Games
      Most Games / Day: 280
      Total Rake: $7,904
      Profit: -$3,615
      Av Profit: -$0.08
      Av Games / Day (when playing): 59.2

I have not played on Ipoker in a long time so I leave it to the players who are still there to wonder who is a bot and who isn't. I think its an infested network and tried the "try talking to the bot" test many times and never got a reply :p
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Well if the above reply is true then all the Ipoker players are suckers!
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      TTR126676461

about this nick - I remember also having similar format nickname on titan poker I guess. I tried normal nickname but something went wrong, I dont even understand but my nick was like this :) so its not necesarily a bot if nick is such.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      TTRxxxxxxxx is a Titan Poker tag that everyone gets upon registration. You can then chose your own screen-name at the tables :)

Some other iPoker rooms have tags - such as Poker770 which is PSRxxxxxxxx