I've been stolen $600+ by 888

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi. For those who don't know/remember me, thisis my blog. Maybe I'll explain a bit better what happened in there.

Anyway, due to a variety of reasons that do not matter, I had to step away from the tables for a prolonged time. Finally today, after a bit more than a year away, I managed to log back in looking forward to finally playing again.

No such luck. I was startled by the numbers I had written down for my bankroll not matching what was actually there. After a long time scratching my head and checking emails/transactions/etc., I found out what was wrong.

888 poker deducted more than U$600 from my account due to inactivity. Without any warning, I must say.

I had heard people complaining about the, what, U$20 a month that Party poker charges. I don't even remember. Maybe it's less, but it doesn't matter. One thing I must say: Party Poker sent me an email before my account because dormant, and then sent me emails every single month a fee was deducted. An example of responsibility towards people that trust their money to them.

I talked for quite a while with 888 support today. As you can imagine, "nothing they can do". They acknowledge they never sent a single email regarding my account inactivity, nor the fees being deducted. They think it's all right to have taken virtually all my roll there, since it's the terms of agreement.

Their policy is: after 6 months inactivity, 10% off the role for each month.

Sorry, that's theft. Especially when the customer is not communicated. It's just like a bank not letting their customers know the mortgage was not paid for and after 3 years go straight to take people's real estate. It's nonsense. Any bank, any one, would at least try to contact the people involved to solve it before there is a problem, instead of trying to benefit from the situation.

This is wrong. This is so wrong. I've come to 888 through pokerstrategy.com and I'm trying my best to keep the connection out of my head. I love this place, and this was my home (and a warm home) for quite a while. But even that is being a bit hard right now. 888 lost me as a customer for good unless they "fix" this. I would be p* off but I would understand paying 10% of my bankroll there as a fee. It would already be ridiculous, but ok. I'd swallow it. But they took some good 70% or more. That I can't swallow, and that makes absolutely no sense.

Sorry about the rant. 888 lost me, pokerstrategy might loose me, and it might even happen that I'll just withdraw my money from the other places and not play online any more at all. But I just wanted to warn other 888 users:

Beware of 888. You never know what may happen to you tomorrow, and if something happens they will take your roll and will not even tell you that they did.
  • 8 replies
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Sorry for your problem, thank you for warning,

Pokerstrategy do not cooperate with 888 anymore.
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      I agree they should have sent you an email before they deducted anything. An absolute disgrace & deffo a backhanded way to steal players money. This is a big black mark against 888 for me. There's plenty of poker rooms to choose from that don't act so underhanded. looks like they look for any loop hole to steal ur monies.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      I think this is a very shitty thing that 888 do. Kinda like the iPoker currency scammage. However, as both instances are well documented online (2+2 and here - on forums that is!), I think this issue could've been avoided.

Why didnt you just withdraw your roll to skrill/neteller? I'm assuming you use these.

But I'm not blaming you for this happening. The fact that a site like 888 - which offers very little in way of returns to players - has to do this as a way of increasing their profit. It's surely very minus EV for them in terms of negative PR this will give them,driving current and potential users of their site away.

I really wonder if some poker rooms get managed by people with IQs in triple digits sometimes, iPoker and 888 are just ....
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      this is disgraceful. Sorry to hear about this buddy
    • stackchips
      stackchips
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear of your misfortune, that is not fair at all no site should take monies from a dormant site it seems like theft to me I have had small issues with 888 in the past. I won a pot 100% about a 80 or 90 dollar pot, it was not credited to my account at all. they were not able to recover. not much help either. My days with them are done. Everest poker a much better site.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      888 deducting money from inactive accounts has been known and discussed for sometime now, as far as I know, there is not much you can do about it, appearently, it is in their T&C. and I doubt ps could help you in anyway as their are no longer affiliated with 888, your best shot is to start a thread in 2p2 and try to gather as much players as possible who are in the same situation.
    • KKNgroup
      KKNgroup
      Silver
      That is ridiculous. You could just withdraw that money and 888 could get nothing. What is their interest? In such way they will loose their players in no day!
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      It is ridiculous. Among other things, I probably made that each month for them in rake. And I keep being enraged every time I remember I kept getting promotional emails and even SMSs from them to my mobile - but not a single friendly warning about the "fee".

I did withdraw to Skrill. 888 had only part of my bankroll (as for things like these I do keep it quite spread out).

Nevertheless: Trying again to cut a long story short, after some talk and negotiation with 888's customer support we agreed they will return 80% of the fee and offered me the remaining 20% to be cleared as a deposit bonus. Oh well... I wasn't exactly satisfied and happy but at least it gave me the will to play a bit again.