[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 A8s 28-04-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $20.93 (418.6 bb)
      SB: $15.89 (317.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $6.76 (135.2 bb)
      UTG: $2.71 (54.2 bb)
      MP: $15.58 (311.6 bb)
      CO: $4.70 (94 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47) K T 2 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65, MP folds

Turn: ($1.77) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($2.97) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.05, Hero raises to $5.36 and is all-in, CO calls $1.25

Hi,
      I was about to fold this hand as it's not really good for anything, however CO did seem very loose, but still don't think I should have played it ;)
      Anyways...

Flop:
      His massive overbet indicated a strong hand, and I really don't have odds to call here, however I had a note on him that he plays draws very aggressively, and if he had a FD I would be paid off by the river, that was atleast my thought on it, my implied odds where ok I think but not sure if they where enough to make the call.
      I did plan to call turn as well, unless it was a really really bad card for me, and if he made a over bet I prolly had to fold tho.

Turn:
      He slowed down, which made my reasons for calling seem a bit better...

River:
      Flush got there, and was sure he had QcXc something, I decided to check as I was sure villain would bet his flush him self, or not call a river bet by me...
      When he bets it was not an easy shove as I was aware of the paired board here, but decided to go with my gut. (I think he will call with many FD's)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: i would fold smaller flush draws. Here with nut flush draw it's close.

Turn: with your read i dont see any point in raising. U have SD value vs worse draws anyway. I would fold on a pairing card if he bets big, or i would just fold anyway vs an overbet.

River: checkraise now for value.i think u played it well. Nh.