I'm Going All In On.. Scoop.. Bad BRM ???

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      I would like to say that I make good money in my life away from poker, which I have my times where I make something good. I always been bad at BRM. But now tops it off lol, I've decided what the heck deposit 2000 and play most of the scoops except the high stakes ones, tops 109 dollars. I know know bad brm. I just want to give my shot at winning something big. I get roughly 2000 every 2 weeks so it's not going to effect me as much. I talked to few guys on here and ask there advice. for example last week i deposited 500 online and was trying to tight about it playing max 5 dollar sng but just wasn't good at waiting waiting to build so i lost it.I had a friend of mine last year who played scoop and won 2 events one for 60 k and one for 55k. I just want to let loose and try my luck, don't get me wrong I can play I've won 3 tournaments in a 1600 man tournament in the past 3 months so i have experience but like all have lots of leaks
  • 7 replies
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Brm is only important if you are building a bankroll. If you just wanna try your luck and don't mind losing the 2k who cares about brm :D
    • BLOWMEBABE
      BLOWMEBABE
      Bronze
      One time!

never works for me..
    • TheBlogger
      TheBlogger
      Basic
      I think if you want to invest 2k of your own cash and you can afford to lose it then why not? I would safely say that the vast majority of pros online have taken some stupid shots to end up where they are now.

I appreciate that many have built a bankroll also, but you won't find many of those playing past NL200... As a general rule I'd probably say NL50 for a median value. But this is all just informed guesswork on my part.

Good luck, I hope your shot pays off you.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBlogger
      I appreciate that many have built a bankroll also, but you won't find many of those playing past NL200... As a general rule I'd probably say NL50 for a median value. But this is all just informed guesswork on my part.
      I'm not sure what you are saying, but if it is that most players beyond NL200 haven't kept good BRM you are dead wrong. A few players like Viktor Blom have made a sick rocket with bad BRM. But the majority of players at those stakes have played with aggression but good BRM to get where they are today. Only few of the mid-stakes+ have gotten there by taking shots like this.

To OP I would say play if you want, but I guess it is players like you who just want a shot at winning a big tour who keep poker alive and deposit dead money..
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Go for it, MTTs are always a bit of a luck box anyway so you might as well shoot it. GL.
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      thanks guys i will keep you updated after scoop and tell you how it went, again I of course I know it's bad brm but i just wanna see if i can win 10 k i really want to make my mom happy and say mom here's 10 k or 20 k...
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by philiveyfan
      thanks guys i will keep you updated after scoop and tell you how it went, again I of course I know it's bad brm but i just wanna see if i can win 10 k i really want to make my mom happy and say mom here's 10 k or 20 k...
      I totalt get your point and everybody wants to ship big profits, but if you cant take the game serious unless you got that much on the line I think you need to work on your mental game. I think Tommy Angelo have made some great stuff about this.