[NL20-NL50] QQ on K high

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.82, PFR: 16.31, 3Bet Preflop: 8.63, Hands: 2,561)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 27.25, PFR: 21.75, 3Bet Preflop: 8.43, Hands: 416)
      MP: 120.16 BB (VPIP: 20.64, PFR: 17.44, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 355)
      CO: 99.58 BB (VPIP: 26.88, PFR: 22.13, 3Bet Preflop: 8.00, Hands: 259)
      BTN: 171.74 BB (VPIP: 23.99, PFR: 8.11, 3Bet Preflop: 1.94, Hands: 380)
      Hero (SB): 236.24 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: K:diamond: 9:heart:
      Hero bets 4 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (14 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

River: (30 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets 19 BB, Hero calls 19 BB

BB shows 9:spade: T:diamond: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 16%, Flop 21%, Turn 73%)
      Hero mucks Q:spade: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 84%, Flop 79%, Turn 27%)
      BB wins 64.6 BB

I cbet because he floats wide on flop and bets turn. I am not sure about river?
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would usually still go for check on the flop. If he floats he will try to bet now as well a decent amount of the time. Anyway, as played, you need to know how often does he give up on his float. If you don't know, think of what other hands do you have in your range here? Do you have any Kx to bluffcatch and not fold too often?
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

I would usually still go for check on the flop. If he floats he will try to bet now as well a decent amount of the time. Anyway, as played, you need to know how often does he give up on his float. If you don't know, think of what other hands do you have in your range here? Do you have any Kx to bluffcatch and not fold too often?
      I dont know if he gives up his flaots on river. How can I know that? Would it be enough to see him once giving up without showdown value and then writting a note? I dont see any stats in pt4 for that.

I would usually check/call all streets with Kx which are not AK, KQ vs aggro opponent.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

I dont know if he gives up his flaots on river. How can I know that? Would it be enough to see him once giving up without showdown value and then writting a note? I dont see any stats in pt4 for that.

I would usually check/call all streets with Kx which are not AK, KQ vs aggro opponent. Sometimes I check call with sets or two pairs if the board is dry and raise river. Is that ok for balancing?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You can know based on aggression and breaking down his range from preflop but we need solid info on that range from the beginning and not be left guessing too much.

I would check/call 2 streets with QQ here and check/call down KJ and some lower Kx. I don't check/call that much on Kxx and people don't barrel often enough to make me check/call more, it works quite well.