[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM AKs v weak line from fish.

• Millsyuk
      Villain is a fish, 3 hands 33/0.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.10)
      BB ($24.67)
      UTG ($25.85)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($26.35)
      Hero ($50.53)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, BB calls $0.37

FLOP ($1.34) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade:

BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB calls $3

TURN ($10.34) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:club:

BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

RIVER ($13.84) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:club: 3:diamond:

BB bets $2.75, Hero raises to $11.50, BB folds

Hero shows K:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins $18.47

Put this guy on a weak range when he starts donking, most likely a draw or 22-55 maybe some weak 8's, so I think raising to represent strength and also to build a pot for when I hit my flush outs and he hits his flush/straight.

Not sure if there is any point in raising turn? I'm getting good odds to call and I will have no fold equity on the river if I raise here and don't improve, I can also push out a worse FD.

When he donks river here I don't expect to have the best hand very often so I don't think calling is a great option. His range is weak though and I would expect him to bet a pair of 8's or stronger larger than this. Do I get any extra fold equity from shoving or do I just waste an extra few $'s?

If river is an A/K do we still raise for value, maybe to around $8?

• 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Millsyuk,

I don't hate raising flop but I slightly prefer flatting. I think the concept of building a pot applies a lot less vs fish who may happily call overbets on any street. Also given the board is paired that damages our implieds for building a pot somewhat.

I think generally speaking you should assume an unknown has a slightly stronger range when he donks rather than weaker. Not necessarily a good outcome if he 3bets a 6x. You still have ok equity of course, but you could have got the money in better.

There are pros to raising though, villain may call with worse here. I might raise ordinarily in this spot, just not on this texture.

Turn is fine, 7 is not a good card for you but you should just about have odds to call. Your implied odds aren't great though, since there is a possibility you are drawing dead.

Generally speaking if you think your hand is not good vs a fish you should probably fold. Sure, he might be weak - but he also might snap off a raise with that weak part of his range.