This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM AKs v weak line from fish.

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Silver
      Villain is a fish, 3 hands 33/0.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25.10)
      BB ($24.67)
      UTG ($25.85)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($26.35)
      Hero ($50.53)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.62, fold, BB calls $0.37

FLOP ($1.34) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade:

BB bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BB calls $3

TURN ($10.34) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:club:

BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

RIVER ($13.84) 6:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade: 7:club: 3:diamond:

BB bets $2.75, Hero raises to $11.50, BB folds

Hero shows K:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins $18.47

Put this guy on a weak range when he starts donking, most likely a draw or 22-55 maybe some weak 8's, so I think raising to represent strength and also to build a pot for when I hit my flush outs and he hits his flush/straight.

Not sure if there is any point in raising turn? I'm getting good odds to call and I will have no fold equity on the river if I raise here and don't improve, I can also push out a worse FD.

When he donks river here I don't expect to have the best hand very often so I don't think calling is a great option. His range is weak though and I would expect him to bet a pair of 8's or stronger larger than this. Do I get any extra fold equity from shoving or do I just waste an extra few $'s?

If river is an A/K do we still raise for value, maybe to around $8?

Thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Millsyuk,

I don't hate raising flop but I slightly prefer flatting. I think the concept of building a pot applies a lot less vs fish who may happily call overbets on any street. Also given the board is paired that damages our implieds for building a pot somewhat.

I think generally speaking you should assume an unknown has a slightly stronger range when he donks rather than weaker. Not necessarily a good outcome if he 3bets a 6x. You still have ok equity of course, but you could have got the money in better.

There are pros to raising though, villain may call with worse here. I might raise ordinarily in this spot, just not on this texture.

Turn is fine, 7 is not a good card for you but you should just about have odds to call. Your implied odds aren't great though, since there is a possibility you are drawing dead.

Generally speaking if you think your hand is not good vs a fish you should probably fold. Sure, he might be weak - but he also might snap off a raise with that weak part of his range.