[NL2-NL10] nl5 AK

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $6.69 (133.8 bb)
      MP3: $3.95 (79 bb)
      CO: $5.82 (116.4 bb)
      BTN: $1.87 (37.4 bb)
      SB: $3.78 (75.6 bb)
      BB: $13.43 (268.6 bb)
      UTG+1: $5.11 (102.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $2 (40 bb)
      Hero (MP1): $6.66 (133.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A K
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BTN calls $0.15, SB raises to $0.25, BB folds, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.80) J 9 K (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1.62 and is all-in, SB folds, Hero calls $1.12

Turn: ($4.04) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($4.04) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

is my call ok? villain seemed fishy- played 9 out of the eleven hands. i've got to invest $1.10 to win $1.30 so im a slight favourite against a flush draw and ahead of worse Kings
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrRaab,

Preflop: why not reraise preflop versus the fish? Playing inbetween two guys with AKo is not that great.

Postflop: As played, givens villains really small stack I wouldn't fold either.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      yeah i did think about that option, what size would you say to reraise with vs a min raise?
      75c?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrRaab
      yeah i did think about that option, what size would you say to reraise with vs a min raise?
      75c?
      We can even make $1 which would allow us to ship most flops (if both call). Both guys look fishy and fishy guys love to call 4bets.
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      As you say we could ship most flops. I know it is going to be a long answer with many variables but for example what would be the flops we couldn't ship?

Low paired boards such as 544
      Medium connect such as 895

As this would hit their ranges pretty well?

As you say we could shove most flops would it be ok to shove with backdoor flush, high card that misses me such as Q or J with low cards? Or would it be with and A or K on the flop, however thats not really most flops?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      As you say we could ship most flops. I know it is going to be a long answer with many variables but for example what would be the flops we couldn't ship?

Low paired boards such as 544
      Medium connect such as 895

As this would hit their ranges pretty well?

As you say we could shove most flops would it be ok to shove with backdoor flush, high card that misses me such as Q or J with low cards? Or would it be with and A or K on the flop, however thats not really most flops?
      First, what do you think their ranges would be if you think they hit a 544 board nicely?

In my opinion their ranges can have a lot of broadways and of course pairs.

So those boards are just as good for us especially if Ax doesn't fold (or we can let one of them bet for us).
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      with the min raise by sb pre- on 544 board i would say medium pairs from 77-TT and possibly high aces such as AJ AQ even splitting with AK.

If SB bet both flop and turn on a blank i would put them onto medium pair, if they bet flop, checked turn then it would be more Ax and broadways.

Against the other villain, who seemed looser they could have a lot more connected/one gappers up to about ten and probably weaker broadways due to the odds they were getting to call
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      with the min raise by sb pre- on 544 board i would say medium pairs from 77-TT and possibly high aces such as AJ AQ even splitting with AK.

If SB bet both flop and turn on a blank i would put them onto medium pair, if they bet flop, checked turn then it would be more Ax and broadways.

Against the other villain, who seemed looser they could have a lot more connected/one gappers up to about ten and probably weaker broadways due to the odds they were getting to call
      Don't forget that if we make it $1 preflop and both call we have a ~$3 pot with only $2.78 effective stack (with SB) and less with the other.