Hello Poker Friends

• Prizalee
      Prizalee
      Bronze
      Hello Poker Friends,

I am a new on-line poker player and I've been hearing a lot of good and bad things about on-line poker. I would like to try playing on-line and I hope you guys will be there to help if i encounter any problems along the way.

Thank you
  • 10 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Prizalee!

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com !

You picked the right place to get started...

Since you are a basic member, you have access to basic-level strategy articles and videos.

Have you registered with a poker room yet?

If you haven't -- wait!

Before choosing a poker room, check out all of their offers before deciding.

If you need help making up your mind, you can read the first post in Choosing the right Poker Room for you! then post your answers in that thread and someone will point you in the right direction.

While you're waiting, check out our free poker offers.

They involve passing the quiz. If you're not familiar with No Limit Texas Holdem, you will want to read the basic articles before tackling the quiz.

All the best,
      --VS
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      Welcome Prizalee. I hope you enjoy the roller coaster ride that is online poker. I just hope there's more ups than downs for you. Good luck at the tables & make sure you read & watch as many strategy videos/articles as possible.
    • Prizalee
      Prizalee
      Bronze
      OMG! I was so happy to pass the pokerstrategy quiz but the real money transfer was denied. I don't know what happened but maybe on-line poker is not for me. I am not usually the pessimist but after following several instructions in creating accounts in EURO poker and pokerstars/fulltilt. Putting the marketing codes and stuff.
      The problem has prompted me to read about several problems encountered by players who deposited money to their account and was blocked and could no longer get their money.
      Good thing i haven't made any deposit yet , lucky me . . .
      >In some of the articles i read. After making a real money deposit. The account was blocked because the family used the same computer in playing to the same poker site.
      So does this mean you have to invest on a dedicated computer when you play on-line poker?
      >Another Player sat with his friends in a 1 dollar tournament and it was perceived as collusion. I find it amusing that these people are really colluding in a 1 dollar game? hahaha. And security was really strict in permanently blocking both accounts.
      Made me think , what if you have a million in your account and your boyfriend looked you up and registered and played at the same table. Both of your accounts will be blocked? Oh my...
      Maybe a good rule of thumb is to deposit the amount you're willing to give away as part of the donation for the poker rooms. When they block your account.

Oh well, I really love playing on-line poker but i my opinion it's not wise to invest to much money and effort.

I know there are a lot of enthusiast who will disagree with me but I do respect your opinion and i'm just a new on-line player who is airing a personal opinion

I have a bad habit of just clicking away the I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS that is why probably I'm here at POKERSTRATEGY to get the best advice about the ins and out of on-line poker

So far it's not looking good...

Thank you POKER FRIENDS for taking the time to read this
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Prizalee,

Sorry to read of your frustrations.

Sorry to see that your transfer was denied. There must be a valid reason for this but unfortunately we are not privy to this information so I cannot help you out.

Poker rooms don't just block accounts because they feel like it. It is either because the account holder has broken some terms and conditions or they must verify their identity via security check. Once their security check has been complete the account gets open again :)

The terms and conditions are important to read as they may prevent any unwanted trouble down the line.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Prizalee
      Prizalee
      Bronze
      THANK YOU POKERSTRATEGY

I'm already playing at EURO POKER, FINALLY!

To: prizaxxxxx@ymail.com
      Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:12 PM
      Subject: Account verification

Dear Rizalee,
      I would like to inform you that your documents successfully passed our security check and your account was fully unblocked.
      Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Best Regadrs
      Olga

--
      *EuroPoker.com Support Team*
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Nice Prizalee :)

You seem to have a lot of security checks going on!
    • Prizalee
      Prizalee
      Bronze
      hahaha...

Finally everything is already cleared and I'm playing now.

Thank you very much POKERSTRATEGY for the support

I actually won some sit & go tournaments at EURO poker by simply following the S&G chart you provided

It's really a great feeling knowing you are doing the right moves

I am now deciding whether to use Neteller or Skrill for my initial deposit

Any suggestion?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No suggestions here, it's a personal choice at the end of the day!

I use Skrill myself :)
    • julcor
      julcor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Prizalee

I am now deciding whether to use Neteller or Skrill for my initial deposit

Any suggestion?
      This Moneybookers (Skrill) vs Neteller comparison might help you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you julcor :)