IPoker, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $32.18 (64.4 bb)
      MP: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      CO: $30.87 (61.7 bb)
      BTN: $34.52 (69 bb)
      Hero (SB): $75.28 (150.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, CO calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.50) T 4 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

Turn: ($9) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, CO calls $4.50

River: ($18) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $13.50, Hero calls $13.50

This river bet looked so much like a busted draw trying make me believe it.
      I thought that if he had a 9 I would have been raised on the turn.
      Is the river call sensible?

The other question:
      Instead of c/c on the flop, would a c/r have been better?
      If so, how much?

Thanks,
      --VS
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer c-bet and turn barrel rather than go c/c or c/r flop.
      You have very strong hand and instead of trying to go pot control I think you should try to make fold marginal hands (c/r would also likely work, but since you don´t have made hand I would prefer not to blow up pot)
      If you lead turn then make it 6$- that way you get more value worst hands.
      He sometimes have 9x, but instead of c/c and hoping he is turning made hands into bluffs or has missed flushdraw I would b/f river 6-9$ myself- very likely I get called Qx, Jx

best regards,
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

I would b/f river 6-9$ myself- very likely I get called Qx, Jx

best regards,
      I am not sure how good is betting small on river, especially 6$ which might induce busted draws to raise and we have to fold. Also I don't see which worse hand might call us? Only KQ, vs any other Qx we lose (except he plays also Q2 and similar), we lose vs so many two pairs, sets, straights, flushes.
      I think it is better river c/f
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      I am not sure how good is betting small on river, especially 6$ which might induce busted draws to raise and we have to fold. Also I don't see which worse hand might call us? Only KQ, vs any other Qx we lose (except he plays also Q2 and similar), we lose vs so many two pairs, sets, straights, flushes.
      I think it is better river c/f
      I could see AJ AT calling river.

I was intending to play c/c river with <= 3/4 pot bets, but I would have folded to a bigger river bet, since straight gets there, but 9 would have raised the turn, I think ( I would have anyway).

I don't have a lot of experience at this limit -- my last shot ended badly.

I think that c-betting the flop in future is what I will do.
      Villain had 55 and I let him stay in the hand cheaply, which was a mistake.

Thanks for you input,
      --VS
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      [/quote]I don't have a lot of experience at this limit -- my last shot ended badly.
      [/quote]I was playing Ipoker 4 months ago, it was full of fish, not many reggs, I would say easy to win. Then I started one month ago, and a huge change, full of reggs, fish are gone, only there are fish on weekend.
      It is really uncomfortable to play, when there are many good aggro reggs.