This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK vs two

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      BU 9 hands 67/11
      BB 13 hands 25/17

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.35)
      BB ($3.28)
      UTG ($7)
      UTG+1 ($4.05)
      Hero ($11.02)
      BTN ($17.88)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $2.80, BTN calls $2.50, BB raises to $3.28 (AI), Hero calls $0.48, BTN calls $0.48

FLOP ($9.89) K:diamond: 8:spade: 5:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($9.89) K:diamond: 8:spade: 5:club: T:heart:

Hero bets $7.74 (AI), BTN folds

RIVER ($9.89) K:diamond: 8:spade: 5:club: T:heart: 9:heart:

BB shows 4:diamond: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 7.6%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows K:heart: A:spade:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 92.4%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $9.24

Since opponents are unknown, my preflop line is to 4b/call vs BB and if BU 5b shoves I'm folding.

On T I should bet sth like $2,70 because we get it on the R anyhow. I was afraid to miss some value since he can call/ fold R. But I don't like my shove on T. Although I would have tough decision on this R.

I didn't go for cbet on this flop because he folds every PP which I might get some value on later streets.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Yaxkukmian,

4bet preflop is fine - usually not expecting a flat from BTN. Usually he won't be that strong after preflop flat - so plenty of PP's maybe the occasional weak broadway or SC.

Hence I think your line on the flop is decent. Villain is weak and it will be difficult to extract value. Unfortunately he probably won't bluff much either seeing as there is a dry side-pot, but he may bet worse for value.

Turn, I agree with your comments and would probably bet small on turn and then bet the river to hopefully price villain in with any worse pairs.