[NL2-NL10] Aq Ip

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Villain is 40/20 after 5 hands so unknown.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.71)
      BB ($5.62)
      UTG ($10.40)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      CO ($19.68)
      Hero ($10.91)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.47, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.37

FLOP ($1.09) 9:spade: K:club: A:diamond:

UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.68, UTG calls $0.58

TURN ($2.45) 9:spade: K:club: A:diamond: 3:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.75, UTG calls $1.75

RIVER ($5.95) 9:spade: K:club: A:diamond: 3:club: 7:club:

UTG bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

UTG shows A:spade: 2:club:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 19.1%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows Q:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 80.9%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $6.30

I don't go for bigger bet on this flop because he might call some medium A and maybe some good K, not many draws to protect from.

When he calls flop I go for big value on T. He insta calls and now I start thinking whether he's slowplaying sth. My plan is to vbet R 1/2 if good card comes.

R is relative blank but since he called 2 streets and goes donking again I just went for the sure line. Is raising here a must? I really didn't want to raise/fold. If we go for raise, how much should we do it? $2,90? His range for limp/calling are PP (which he probably folds to this kind of action) and some good K (which he also probably folds) and some Ax. We beat AJ, AT, A8,...and lower A are not that likely.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Yaxkukmian,

Preflop iso is good.

Flop raise vs min-donk is good. There is really no need to make it larger on this texture. Your sizing is fine. You want to get called by stuff like Kx and TQ/TJ which may not happen if you bet larger.

Similar situation exists on the turn. It's true that the 3 puts a flush draw out there, but it's unlikely villain has two clubs. Betting a little smaller and targeting a slightly wider range is good.

No need to raise river. Villains range is, weak pairs, busted draws, and the occasional slowplay/backdoor-flush. There are two problems with raising - firstly you might be beat. Secondly even if you do have the best hand, there is really no guarantee villain is going to pay off a raise with worse on the flush river. If you did decide to raise you should probably make it $1.80 or so.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      What if he c the R? How much should we bet? Smallish like you said or a bit more like $2,80?

Even against this bad player who limp/call we have to fold to his c/r R right?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      What if he c the R? How much should we bet? Smallish like you said or a bit more like $2,80?

Even against this bad player who limp/call we have to fold to his c/r R right?
      Yeah, similar type of sizing if he checks the river maybe $1.80 or so. The issue is not whether we have the best hand, it's whether villain will call with worse on this river card. So a smaller bet encourages him to call. You might be able go a bit larger, it really depends on villain - but 2/3rds or pot river would usually be a mistake.

Vs river c/r it should be a pretty easy fold on flush river.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I'm probably beting too much to get value on the R and not getting any at all. Will have that in mind next time I play.

Tnx :f_thumbsup:
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      No probs, happy crushing! :)