Weird winnings graph

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      When I review a session and I look at the currency won/lost graph, I often see this: I win a big hand, my 'won at showdown' goes up, and then my winnings go down with 'money won without showdown' until I have a big showdown winning again. Is that normal? Why do I lose soo much in between showdowns

Example:
  • 3 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi MarliesB,

I've moved this to beginners forums, it should get a more appropriate response there. :)

Regards,

Mal.
    • acetbfish
      acetbfish
      Bronze
      It depends on your playing style.

If you bluff a lot, probably the 'money won without showdown' line (the red line) will go up but sometimes this may hurt your 'money won at showdown' line (the blue line).

If you care more about taking value from your strong hands and if you don't bluff a lot, your blue line will go up and maybe your red line will be negative.

You could also read this: the red line myth, it was really helpful.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey MarliesB

I have LOADS of graphs like that. But as long as the green line goes up I never cared.

Thing is at the micro's ppl don't like to fold so you are going to showdown a lot (and hopefully winning a lot as well). But because they never fold before the showdown and you do you, your non-showdown winnings go down. It's not to bad as long as your not leaking money.

Showdown winnings = blue line
      Non-showdown winnings = red line

Hope this made sense?

Regards

RasTweet