Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: K:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $0.80, fold, Hero raises to $2.60, BTN calls $1.80

FLOP ($5.30) 9:heart: 5:spade: K:diamond:

Hero bets $2.70, BTN calls $2.70

TURN ($10.70) 9:heart: 5:spade: K:diamond: T:club:

Hero bets $5.30, BTN raises to $14.90 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $20.24

notes:
      call vs my UTG raise w AT in CO, call cbet on JT9, cbh Q turn, cbh blank river
      call resteal IP, fold to 1/2 cbet J8xss
      at NL10: call reasteal IP w AJs, call big cbet J87, raise turn w TP + nut FD vs big cbet

He can raise TPs, but my TP is not best and there is also QJ there on turn, which I think is easily in his range so b/f turn.
      He can still call my bet with hands like KJ, JJ if he has in calling vs 3bet range so bet turn is good I guess.

Maybe he could raise turn w KJ because he has GS, but proably its too rare.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Nh imo. You can consider checking the flop some of the time to strengthen your checking range. Apart from that mention, I would most often play the same as you, I agree that his turn raise is too often a made hand. He still have T9s, KTs, K9s, QJs, TT in his range imo, possibly 99 and 55 as well.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Nh imo. You can consider checking the flop some of the time to strengthen your checking range

I think this would be better if he would bet a lot vs mised cbets. NOw when he does not, I need to go for value, there are many weaker hands which can call.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Nh imo. You can consider checking the flop some of the time to strengthen your checking range

I think this would be better if he would bet a lot vs mised cbets. NOw when he does not, I need to go for value, there are many weaker hands which can call.
      He folds to cbets and doesn't go very often to showdown. This is not just about him, it's also about your own range when you definitely don't get a lot of value here against him on multiple streets.

That said, some people cbet 100% here in a 3bet pot while I don't so then that also changes things quite a bit.