CO ($22.36)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 3:heart: 4:club: 9:spade:

SB bets $0.80, Hero folds

SB wins $1.14

cbet 2/3 QTx, c/f 8 turn - FLOATABLE

session stats showed that he is stealing 50% or more in SB.

He cbets a lot, but I don't have backdoor draw, so I give up. Still I think I beat lot of his cbets.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Your A high is likely to be the best hand on the flop imo, I would not fold.

That said, when someone raises a lot there, folds to 3bets an OK amount and is aggressive postflop, just 3bet pre with hands with low playability. This is a lot better than Q7o and K8o (hands you hand a while ago iirc) but it doesn't play much better if you are not confident in floating A high as the best hand.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think I can float this, when given your confirmation. His agression drops on the turn and he is floatable.

With 3beting problem is that he is 4beting often and he quicly gets fed up of 3bets. So I can have worse hands for 3beting.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I think I can float this, when given your confirmation. His agression drops on the turn and he is floatable.

With 3beting problem is that he is 4beting often and he quicly gets fed up of 3bets. So I can have worse hands for 3beting.
      More confidence in yourself maybe? I generally suggest safer plays but when you gain experience you have to get into the tougher spots to get better. :)

I usually tell my students to trust their abilities and question every play they make.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Confidence might cost money :) so I try things carefylly (not alwasy, sometimes I make mistakes by defending). His overall steal is not high. Only session stats were different. SO I got confuset.

If also overall steal would have been that wide then I would more likely have called.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heh, you will always make mistakes. The mindset should be to always fix them and make fewer. :)