[NL20-NL50] NL16 - AQs 3Bet pot oop

• ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $22.25 (139.1 bb)
      BTN: $16 (100 bb)
      SB: $16 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $24.24 (151.5 bb)
      MP: $46.48 (290.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      MP raises to $0.40, CO folds, BTN calls $0.40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.80, MP folds, BTN calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.08) 3 5 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BTN calls $2.80

Turn: ($9.68) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, BTN calls $4.40

River: ($18.48) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.24, BTN calls $7 and is all-in

Results:
      $32.48 pot ($1.46 rake)
      Final Board: 3 5 Q T 3
      BTN showed 5 5 and won $31.02 ($15.02 net)
      Hero showed Q A and lost (-$16 net)

Hadn't seen villain get outta line and no specific reads at the time of the hand. 15/14/296 .. 20%(8) Fold to Cbet

Preflop: Standard (Maybe sizing could be better?)

Flop: one of the best flops i could hope to see (i think?), with his low fold to cbet i am definitely betting for value hoping he will call with most of his holdings.

Turn: Betting half pot in order to make the river an easy shove on any card, however i think i need to evaluate this situation and think about what hands he is calling the turn with that i beat on the river and he will call the rest of his stack with which is why i am posting.

River: Shove as planned

Cheers

Edit Needs moving to relevant subforum as i'm retarded. ty
  • 4 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      the line is ok-ish, u should although pay attention to spr, i think you have a pretty clear b f, j turn here...

if he defends KQ pre, he wont be folding it ever to 2 bets and pretty much the most likely part of his range once he calls the flop...

the betsizing on the flop is pretty good overall in 3b pot, but since you dont have so much left i think betting flop bigger and jamming turn is gonna be the best line here..

id rather take this (3 small bets) line either vs someone who spazzes a lot or vs some station

river is kinda great for you, removes 2 combos of flopped sets (not that he should have them very often) so jamming for value is very reasonable, nh
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zumpar
      the line is ok-ish, u should although pay attention to spr, i think you have a pretty clear b f, j turn here...

Can you elaborate on the spr point, i thought by taking this line i am actively thinking about SPR as the 1/2pot turn sets up easy river shove

I would Also be B/F'ing this turn as most people play T's and J's exactly the same? (or i am misunderstanding)

Originally posted by zumpar
      the betsizing on the flop is pretty good overall in 3b pot, but since you dont have so much left i think betting flop bigger and jamming turn is gonna be the best line here..

Pot the flop leaving a PSB on the turn? something i haven't thought about what extra do we get out of this and what other situations is it worth doing in?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you pretty much can't b/f the turn anymore once you make it that sizing on this board.
      if you want to b/f turns make it lower from the flop, that's a pretty big cbet.

that said, he has no reason to raise monsters in this board against your bet sizings.
    • ABShortland
      ABShortland
      Bronze
      I'm betting big on the flop to get most $ value he had 20% FTCB OTF (not sure about 3B pots though) So was just betting big to get max value expecting him to call a big amount of the time so betting bigger made sense?

If he is going to fold he is going to fold .. making it $2.10 or $3.50 probably makes no difference at all so surely betting big for max value is what i want to be doing?