This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ preflop vs midstack

• MBJUK
      MBJUK
      Bronze
      Hi, I struggle playing JJ against mid/shortstackers preflop? I don't quite understand their range preflop, some are stacking with as low as TT (have even seen small pocket pairs which I kinda understand from my last post due to them having good equity preflop, is this correct or have I misunderstood?) and often with AK? This guy was a passive fishy kinda guy over a really small sample (44 hands at 44VPIP/2PFR). Do I fold in general here against his range or push him all in?

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 (Hero) = ($10.00)
      MP1 = ($10.29)
      MP2 = ($7.54)
      MP3 = ($22.06)
      CO = ($13.04)
      BU = ($10.09)
      SB = ($5.05)
      BB = ($2.63)
      UTG1 = ($17.88)

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J :club: , J :heart: .
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, SB raises to $1.05, BB folds, Hero raises to $8.60, SB calls $4.00.

(Obviously I was just putting him all in on the slider as he was the only guy left in the hand so got returned $4.60)

No help on flop, turn or river, as expected.

Final Pot: $13.75.

Hero shows a pair of jacks(J :club: J :heart:) .
      SB shows a pair of queens(Q :club: Q :heart:) .

SB wins with a pair of queens(Q :club: Q :heart:) .
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: Unless villain is really loose you should fold this preflop. Most midstacks are rather tight at 10nl and he is 3-betting blind vs UTG so his range is always on the strong side.

So I would look at letting this go.

If it's BTN vs blinds or a more aggro player we can easily get it in.