fold, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.30, fold, Hero calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.80) 4:club: 2:diamond: 7:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.70, SB calls $1.70

TURN ($6.20) 4:club: 2:diamond: 7:diamond: T:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($6.20) 4:club: 2:diamond: 7:diamond: T:heart: Q:heart:

SB bets $2.80, Hero folds

SB wins $5.89

On turn I showed weakness and he reps AQ. Interesting what he could have called flop with. AK as well if I put him on AQ. Overpairs maybe cbets on the flop.
  • 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey SpeedFanatic,

What is your thinking behind the turn check behind? That's basically the key in this hand since you base your whole range assessment on the turn check behind imo and from that you get a river action.

I personally don't get why check back turn to not call river when everything is busted. I most often prefer betting the turn for thin value. I think the flop checking range from SB will consist of hands like 7xs, A4s, maybe some AJ+ but usually showdown value of which I am slightly ahead because I expect that range to not contain TT+.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      What is your thinking behind the turn check behind?

I felt like some traps or that his range is so weak or so strong. So he folds or if he calls I value town myself.

He can have draws, but somehow I think draws would cbet the flop. Unless 7x draws. MAybe that is going to c/c .
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Not many draws imo.. usually medium to OK showdown value against which you are OK to vbet I think...

If you do check the turn imo it should be with the idea to bluffcatch most rivers, esp vs this sizing.

If you think you cannot take such a line, you can already think of what is your reasoning for flop bet? Isn't it for value, albeit on the thin side?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      flop bet is for value. But I was not sure if its too much value. There might be not much 7x I think in his 3b range.