This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KK 30-04-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $4.70 (94 bb)
      SB: $2.59 (51.8 bb)
      BB: $2.50 (50 bb)
      UTG: $4.71 (94.2 bb)
      MP: $3.18 (63.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.15 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K K
      UTG raises to $0.15, MP folds, Hero raises to $0.46, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.31

Flop: ($0.99) 5 6 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.99) A (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.94, UTG raises to $1.88, Hero folds

Hi,
      Was abit unsure about Turn here, he could have called with AK pre, but thought it was a good barel card, but when he reraises me here he most likely has an Ax? Not sure a FD would do this, a set might.

Should I x/f or x/c turn, or is it still ok to barrel here?

Villain: unknown
      38/38 -8hands
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I think this is an easy fold with KK. If you had AK it would be a tougher spot.
      From my experience vs Turn min-raises, even in 3-bet pots, this is the nuts about 75% of the time and every time i stubbornly stack off anyway because "it's a 3-bet pot" I get shown the nuts every single time.

Should you bet the Turn here? I think it's fine to check Turn and then bet the River vs a fish (I'm presuming he is one because he only has 94.2bb at the start of the hand). vs a stronger opponent you can bet Turn and check River instead as it would look like a bluffier line, as opposed to checking Turn and then betting River which looks so much like QQ/KK.