This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJ vs Calling station

• InTheZ0ne
      InTheZ0ne
      Bronze
      PKR No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PKR Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($10.67)
      Button ($21.82)
      SB ($19.40)
      BB ($9.37)
      Hero (UTG) ($10.30)
      MP ($5.59)

SB aka Calling station had 78/16 and very passive

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, J
      Hero bets $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 7, J, 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises $1.35, SB calls $1

Turn: ($3.40) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.20, SB calls $2.20

River: ($7.80) 10 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.45 (All-In), SB calls $6.45

Total pot: $20.70

Since his signature move is to call, should be I be concerned about his donk lead. To me this seems like a lame cooler, since he could be betting with a lot of draws here.

Raise and focus on getting it in, or just play it slow and call him down?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I don't usually mind raising the flop here unless he's very very passive.

On the turn betting again is fine.

As played, I can hardly see worse hands calling us on the river, so I'd check back.

Best,
      Plamen
    • jimmyhans
      jimmyhans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by InTheZ0ne

Since his signature move is to call, should be I be concerned about his donk lead. To me this seems like a lame cooler, since he could be betting with a lot of draws here.

You said it yourself. He could be betting with a lot of draws. But missed draws won't call an all in for >80% pot on the river :) I would play it the same way, and check back the river. You sit 2 seats left of him, so you have position on him most of the time, and he is a huge fish. Wait until you are very strong and then just barrel barrel barrel :) And obviously squeeze lighter than you would usually do... :) Thats probably the move that will give you the most money in the long run :)