This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] Overpair vs donk AI

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Opponents unknown

BTN: $12.61
      SB: $4.12
      BB: $5.14
      UTG: $5.10
      MP: $15.88
      Hero (CO): $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.65, 3 players) 3:heart: 7:club: 6:spade:
      SB bets $3.92 and is all-in, fold, Hero ?

Mayhap he does it to induce bad calls from seemingly fishy guy in UTG. I don't know whether he has enough bluffs in his range. Will he do it with 88-JJ? I opt to fold here.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Overbet shoves on a relatively dry flop don't say much especially from a fishy looking guy.

So I'm never folding AA here.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      +1 to bogdan, never folding.

i'd just like to add that, when facing such weird lines, i also like to check on the number of tables that the guy is playing. 1-tablers are most often fish.
      if the guy is hiding from search i'll take a few seconds to check it on the lobby, can be worth it.

in this spot he already looks fishy due to his broken stack, then if i see that he's only playing 1 table then for me it's a pretty much confirmed fish. :f_biggrin:
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Thank you guys! I actually folded this one but it led me to the idea of somewhat refining up my view on opponents. You advice & experience is a good stepping stone :)

P.S. Tomaloc, great blog! Appreciated gifs a lot, they really made my day :s_thumbsup:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      thanks for the feedback sir :f_biggrin:

hope to keep up the quality :D