Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 6:club: 6:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.15, fold, CO calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) J:heart: 3:diamond: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.18, CO calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.73, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.38, CO calls $0.38

River: ($1.49, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $0.85, CO calls $0.85

Please help me with sizings. I dunno why I chose to bet <1\2 flop, it should be 0.2-0.22 I think. On the turn I bet to collect dead money and for thin value from hands like 22,44,55 and some overcards with draws. Don't know what's the best sizing though. On the river I want to force pockets and maybe Jx to fold but still have troubles with the correct sizing, think it should be somewhere around 1-1.1.
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Sizings always depend on player, board texture, scenario... for example versus fish we can bet a bit more for value and a bit less for bluffs... versus regulars we want to keep it constant.

IP and OOP should be different.

I think that on a board like this, versus a fish we should look at even ck/folding this wet flop as I doubt we can get much value OOP nor can we get much better to fold. One cbet and done is ok too but it would be bigger 0.25c or so.

As played what exactly were you hoping for?That he folds a better hand by the river or that he calls worse?
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      As I mentioned in the post above, on the river I want to force pockets and maybe Jx to fold but still have troubles with the correct sizing, think it should be somewhere around 1-1.1. I should have been more attentive and due to the incomplete stack size classify the opponent as a fish. So no bluff should have been done. But if done, it must have been larger sizing I think.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      As I mentioned in the post above, on the river I want to force pockets and maybe Jx to fold but still have troubles with the correct sizing, think it should be somewhere around 1-1.1. I should have been more attentive and due to the incomplete stack size classify the opponent as a fish. So no bluff should have been done. But if done, it must have been larger sizing I think.
      Hi GreenPiece,

My question was more rhetorical than anything else because my assumptions are that those hands you want him to fold are rarely ever folding when even all draws miss.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yes, I understand it, he's a fish probably so he won't fold anything better. But if he were a TAG would he withstand 3 barrels with his Jx or PPs? Do you think it's worth bluffing vs TAG?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Yes, I understand it, he's a fish probably so he won't fold anything better. But if he were a TAG would he withstand 3 barrels with his Jx or PPs? Do you think it's worth bluffing vs TAG?
      If you size your barrels better I think that you have a good chance to fold at least PPs and weaker Jx.

By sizing better I'd say between 2/3-3/4 each street leaning more towards 3/4 since we are OOP.

Of course, bluffing with more equity in the pot would be much better.