SSD for PT4

• mrakoplas

I am planning to buy a new SSD for OS&PT4 and I wonder which option is better:

A) Samsung 840 basic
      + very fast reading (according to reviews)
      - very slow writing

B) Intel 335
      +- average in reading and writing

It seems to me that A) is the right answer. Am I missing something? :f_confused:
      Thanks in advance.
  • 3 replies
    • Craggoo
      It depends on what you want to do with PT4. If it's simply to keep track of your results I would say you want average in both categories. If you do a lot of review then reading speed is more important for example.
    • metza
      Reading speed seems like it'd be way more important since you don't want in-game lag. But then again, it has to write the stats to the SSD and then read it...

Either way, isn't SSD supposed to be much faster than HDD so I doubt it is actually "Very slow writing" its probably just slow for an SSD which is still most likely frickin quick.
    • Craggoo
      I would also note that I think it's really pointless to get an ssd bigger than 100 gigs. All you want to do is install your OS, programs, and keep any databases you might have on it. You shouldn't be using it as a data drive to store your media. I have a 60 gig ssd that I have Windows 7 and all my programs installed on. It has ~13 gigs left on it.