Speed poker

• Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      Does anyone notice that a lot of shortstackers on speed poker are 4betting really weird amounts, always leaving 1 or 2 bb's in their stack. At first I thought it just was a random idiot, ben I notice that there are more players doing this. They play a pretty tight and aggressive preflop game, and play little postflop, as they barely coldcall open raises. I've also noticed that some of them have 72 in their nickname. Could it be that these guys are bots?

Edit, now I'm paying attention I see that all those 4bet "shoves" are almost instant
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Riverdiver,

I don't play at iPoker so I cannot really comment on this. Hopefully some other members will share their 2 cents :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Well, if they are bots, then they are poorly programmed.

I am playing NL5 zoom, and doing v well against them.

I have called a few of those shoves, and been beaten, but also have seen outlandish bluffs.

I will go over my HH to see if I can see anything similar about their names.

I don't play on Titan, but on WH -- I *think* that there is a common player pool.

What limits are you playing?

Hint: Steal a lot of there are two people in blinds or BTN & blinds w/ < 40 BB stacks -- they fold a ton.

I am stealing 42% today I'll post my success rate here when done.

--VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I filtered the "Opponents" tab of HM2 to see only iPoker speed NL 5 from February on.

I sorted by amount won in descending order.
      I was not at the top :s_cry:

I cannot tell from this what sort of stack sizes they play, but none of the winning players in my list had 72 in their name.

I then looked only at tight, aggressive players, and saw nothing unusual.

In my session today, my Steal Pct was 44, with a 63% success.
      My resteal success was 42

So, like I say, if there are bots, I don't care.

I will keep a close watch on the shorties though.

Peace,
      --VS
    • MichaelGotAA
      MichaelGotAA
      Bronze
      I think it could be ipokers software that's at fault. I've noticed alot lately when I put the bet to max it still leaves a tiny amount. So I have to try again which usually then actually does go to max. Its very irritating & hard to correct if multi tabling so its likely that. I only noticed it happening to me recently.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by MichaelGotAA
      I think it could be ipokers software that's at fault. I've noticed alot lately when I put the bet to max it still leaves a tiny amount. So I have to try again which usually then actually does go to max. Its very irritating & hard to correct if multi tabling so its likely that. I only noticed it happening to me recently.
      Ah -- I wouldn't notice that.

I'm on William Hill, and I always have my hand on number pad, and just type my bet in.

--VS
    • TedHawkins
      TedHawkins
      Bronze
      Hey. I noticed them so at NL5. Pretty much easy to deal with.