Any way I can get a deposit bonus?

• c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      I'm switching from PartyPoker to Stars since party is royally screwing over their customers and will probably go bankrupt in a year or two.

Thing is, I made my stars account ages ago (linked to my pokerstrategy account, never deposited, 0$ balance, spent my free 50$ bankroll on party), and stars FAQ states the first deposit bonus up to 600$ has to be made within 90 days (from account creation I presume?)... so is there any other bonus I can get for my switch?
  • 12 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      email Stars support, I'm shure they will give you some kind of bonus for your first deposit, but unlikely full amount as regular fdb
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by doctorkgb
      email Stars support, I'm shure they will give you some kind of bonus for your first deposit, but unlikely full amount as regular fdb
      This is definitely worth a try. Thank you :)

Please let us know what they reply.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      I emailed stars and they said I'm eligible for the 100% up to 600$ first deposit bonus.

The "90 days" thing is pretty misleading here on the pokerstrategy FAQ.

This is how it's written here;

The first deposit must be made within 90 days to activate the bonus

This is how it's written in pokerstars;

Where a player fails to enter or include a Bonus code when making an eligible deposit and: more than 3 (three) months has passed since the first eligible deposit was made, no Bonus or VPPs shall be awarded or credited to the player’s account."

So regardless when you made your account, as long as it's your first deposit, you'll get 100% up to 600$. If you failed to enter the bonus code on your first deposit, you can still contact stars support and get the bonus (effects vary depending on how much time has passed since your deposit).
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great news! :)
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      In retrospect, I have to say moving to stars was probably a mistake. The way fish keep hitting everything is beyond a joke compared to party.

I wouldn't be surprised if I lose my whole roll before I can 'claim' my bonus and a blinking "deposit more" button appearing on my screen.
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      I want to do the same as you, as I have the same feeling about Party going bust as you do... Question though: if I deposit and get the $600 bonus, can I deposit the next day and get the reload bonus currently on as well??
    • ikkvr
      ikkvr
      Bronze
      Open up a whine thread I will accompany u :D the no of bad beats on stars are too damn high xD But u will suckout others too part of the game :)
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vaars
      I want to do the same as you, as I have the same feeling about Party going bust as you do... Question though: if I deposit and get the $600 bonus, can I deposit the next day and get the reload bonus currently on as well??
      From stars FAQ.

Q. What if PokerStars Currently has Another Deposit Bonus Offer? Can I Take Advantage of Both Offers?
      A.

If you have never made a deposit before, you can indeed take advantage of both offers! In order to do this, you must first make a deposit using the 100% First Deposit Bonus code - ‘STARS600’. Then, when you make an additional deposit, you can use another active bonus code to make a second eligible deposit. Please make sure that you understand the terms of the other bonus, including making your second deposit during the eligibility period and using the correct bonus code.

Don’t forget that when you make your first-time deposit, you have the option of making two further qualifying deposits in the first 90 days. Remember to use the code STARS600 on all your deposits.

Example - You make a first deposit of $200, which makes you eligible for a $200 bonus. One week later you deposit a further $200, taking your maximum pending bonus amount to $400. You then make a $100 deposit one month later, making your total pending bonus $500 in total.

Once you have been fully credited the First Deposit Bonus by earning the necessary VPPs, any further VPPs that you earn will automatically be credited toward earning your second bonus.

Note: Only your VPPswill be applied toward releasing your pending bonus. VPPs are earned through cash games and tournaments, but any bonus VPPsyou earn through promotions will not count toward releasing your bonus. Visit Free Online Promotions and Freerolls and learn how to earn VPPs."
    • Vaars
      Vaars
      Bronze
      Ok thanks, I guess this answers it then!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :)
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      80$ down since deposited, I've pretty resigned to my fate that no matter what you do, you can't win. I can just log on to party and print money, but on stars, fish pull miracle 2 outers every-single-time you have a monster hand in a big pot. It's either runner-runner quads, runner-runner full boats, hitting turn sets 2/3 times in 3b pots, completely dominating your KK/AA preflop with 66-77.

Absolutely shit poker room to play in, wouldn't recommend to anyone. At this point, I wouldn't be even in the least bit surprised if jokerstars is rigged to favor high VP$IP players (like 40-50+), or new accounts.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think this obviously means that you have to loosen up and play some more trash hands yourself. it's the logical conclusion