[NL20-NL50] 55 Ip

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      BB 15 hands 27/13

IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $45.41 (227.1 bb)
      UTG: $20.50 (102.5 bb)
      MP: $17.87 (89.4 bb)
      Hero (CO): $21.02 (105.1 bb)
      BTN: $39.11 (195.5 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5 5
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.30) 6 7 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.77, BB calls $0.77

Turn: ($2.84) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.81, BB calls $1.81

River: ($6.46) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $6.46 pot ($0.32 rake)
      Final Board: 6 7 6 A 2
      BB showed 8 J and won $6.14 ($2.96 net)
      Hero mucked 5 5 and lost (-$3.18 net)

Since villain is unknown I was thinking of c behind flop and firing a delayed cbet. However he might have many overcards and draws I can get value from. When he calls my plan is not to invest more money.

However on T a good card comes, so if he has some PP that beats me I can take it here and if he has some GS or FD or even OESD I will charge him.

When I look at it now my sizes are quite small. How much should I bet? Like $0,85 and $2,10 on the T?

Any other suggestions?
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      flop - i think betting is fine here he could fold some overcards with equity or he could call.

turn - either we are betting turn and river or we are checking turn and river. if he has a draw or pair hes not folding to just one street of aggression on the turn (unless you overbet huge)

river- since we bet turn then we must bet here to get him off his draws and middle pairs.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      river- since we bet turn then we must bet here to get him off his draws and middle pairs.
      I don't get it...If he has draws we beat him in most cases. So we bet R to get him off his 88, 99 right?

What about the sizes? How much would you bet on T and R?
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish

dunt get it either

55 beats his draws and he could have hands like AT A9 while defending in bb vs co
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      ttjjboy, you are correct, 55 beats his draws and he could have Ax in his range, so betting the river against these hands are pointless.

yaxkukmian, if he has a draw we beat them and do not need to bet but i was talking about betting with your original intention of folding out PP on the turn, PPs are not going to fold on the turn and we need to follow up with a river bet if that is our intention, and i think betting turn for value against his draws might be too thin with our hand and he could have Ax in his range. I would bet here if i had 88-KK and Ax for value, 55 seems too weak.

If we believe that hes calling with Ax and draws in his range then we shouldn't be betting the turn in the first place, our hand is too weak for that. i prefer checking back turn and letting him bluff rivers.

firstly i dont think betting turn is good, and if i was betting turn i would bet something like 1.80 on turn ( since i dont expect anything to be folding) and then 4.5 on river ( i think thats the minimum bet size to get middle pocket pairs and 7X to fold)