This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK overpair

• Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $8,88
      BB:
      $7,73
      UTG+2:
      $5,03
      Hero:
      $1,99
      MP2:
      $10,20
      MP3:
      $5,14
      CO:
      $12,71
      BU:
      $10,09

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 8:heart: , 4:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0,10, Hero raises to $1,49 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1,39.

Turn: ($4,13) T:spade:
      River: ($4,13) 8:spade:

Final Pot: $4,13
  • 5 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Nice hand!!
      This is how you treat the mindonkbets on the flop.
      You just ignore them and raise to normal cbet-size, so in this case it's a push since the cbet would be more than half of your stack.

And don't forget to note down with what kind of hand Villain makes this move.
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Thanks for input, actualy I lost this one, he had 8c As so he got trips on river :/ One question though, it is written in SSS articles then you always go all-in when you have made hand on flop and someone bet. I thought that this is exactly the case because he was first to act and he minraised. Or is there any special exception for minraises ?
    • kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      In my opinion this kind of 1BB minbet should be regarded as he checks the flop so I would go all-in so as you did. However, I think that also good players use miniraises with strong hand in order to get a reraise from opponent but it comes with a very good read I suppose.

Anyways, in most situations minraise or minbet still means "call" or "check" to me. Or even "i got a second/bottom pair, please fold".
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werkon
      Thanks for input, actualy I lost this one, he had 8c As so he got trips on river :/ One question though, it is written in SSS articles then you always go all-in when you have made hand on flop and someone bet. I thought that this is exactly the case because he was first to act and he minraised. Or is there any special exception for minraises ?
      Your goal is to go all-in as soon as possible when you have a made hand.
      If Villain bets the flop in front of you in a raised pot, you always move all-in with a 15-25BB stack, simply because a raise would be more than half of your stack.

Minraises can just be ignored. You can regard them as a "Check". Means you make a normal cbet while looking at the potsize. Which in most cases would mean moving all-in.

Some people minbet/minraise with AA/KK or on the flop with the nuts or bottom pair. So many possibilities, that's why it's good to make a note of it. For example, if somebody always minraises AA/KK preflop, you know that you can fold your 77 when he minraises.
      Bronze
      Easy, I think? Your bet wasn't so big on that flop. Well played.