$10,20
      MP3:
      $5,14
      CO:
      $12,71
      BU:
      $10,09

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG+2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, 6 folds, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 8:heart: , 4:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0,10, Hero raises to $1,49 (All-In), UTG+2 calls $1,39.

Turn: ($4,13) T:spade:
      River: ($4,13) 8:spade:

Final Pot: $4,13
  • 5 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Nice hand!!
      This is how you treat the mindonkbets on the flop.
      You just ignore them and raise to normal cbet-size, so in this case it's a push since the cbet would be more than half of your stack.

And don't forget to note down with what kind of hand Villain makes this move.
    • Werkon
      Werkon
      Bronze
      Thanks for input, actualy I lost this one, he had 8c As so he got trips on river :/ One question though, it is written in SSS articles then you always go all-in when you have made hand on flop and someone bet. I thought that this is exactly the case because he was first to act and he minraised. Or is there any special exception for minraises ?
    • kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      In my opinion this kind of 1BB minbet should be regarded as he checks the flop so I would go all-in so as you did. However, I think that also good players use miniraises with strong hand in order to get a reraise from opponent but it comes with a very good read I suppose.

Anyways, in most situations minraise or minbet still means "call" or "check" to me. Or even "i got a second/bottom pair, please fold".
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Werkon
      Thanks for input, actualy I lost this one, he had 8c As so he got trips on river :/ One question though, it is written in SSS articles then you always go all-in when you have made hand on flop and someone bet. I thought that this is exactly the case because he was first to act and he minraised. Or is there any special exception for minraises ?
      Your goal is to go all-in as soon as possible when you have a made hand.
      If Villain bets the flop in front of you in a raised pot, you always move all-in with a 15-25BB stack, simply because a raise would be more than half of your stack.

Minraises can just be ignored. You can regard them as a "Check". Means you make a normal cbet while looking at the potsize. Which in most cases would mean moving all-in.

Some people minbet/minraise with AA/KK or on the flop with the nuts or bottom pair. So many possibilities, that's why it's good to make a note of it. For example, if somebody always minraises AA/KK preflop, you know that you can fold your 77 when he minraises.
      Bronze
      Easy, I think? Your bet wasn't so big on that flop. Well played.