BTN ($21.17)

Dealt to Hero K:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.50, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.10) K:spade: 5:heart: J:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1

TURN ($4.10) K:spade: 5:heart: J:diamond: 8:club:

Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

RIVER ($10.10) K:spade: 5:heart: J:diamond: 8:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $16.75 (AI), BTN calls $16.17 (AI)

Hero shows K:club: J:heart:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 82.2%, Turn 81.8%)

BTN shows T:diamond: 9:heart:
      (Pre 36%, Flop 17.8%, Turn 18.2%)

BTN wins $40.32

notes:
      squeeze in SB w A6s, cbet less than 1/2 w FD J9x, check turn with flush OOP, c/c river on 2 paired board 3/4

open w K4s in CO, call min3bet IP, raise donkbet allin 75 bb stack w FD

cbet 1/2 w GS Q9xss, check till sd
      call in BB vs MP w TT, check 6xx, opponent cbh, check 7, op cbh, check K

open in CO w KTs, call 3bet IP, call cbet 2/3 JTx, check behind T with thirps, riase allin on blank river

Preflop maybe it can be 3b for value because he does not fold, but I did not want big pots OOP with this hand, he does not fold much to cbets so might be harder.

On the river we have 16$ left in the stack. If I bet like 5$, I am not sure if he will bluffraise or raise for value. He is passive on river by stats, but who kwows, what he will think in this spot when seeing small bet. If I bet bit bigger then again not easy to fold to a raise.

So I shove, because I expect many lower 2 pairs, also KQ can call this because he goes to sd a lot and wins not often.
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I like the idea of check raising the flop for value since he bets often and does not give up and calls to the river. We wantour bet ssizes to be as less scary as possibly so I prefer a larger check raise on the flop and bigger bet on the turn to set up a pot sized bet on the river instead of over betting the river.

I don't mind 3bettinf pre flop directly for value since we dominate his range and if he calls and we hit a pair I'm pretty confident betting all streets for value against him and havehim call wworse

With your over bet on the river I think the minimum he'scalling is top pair mmaybe 2nd pair good kicker, because he has such a high wts and wide pre flop range. If we check raised theflop bbigger and bet all streets I think he would be calling wider here possibly 2nd pair no kicker
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      at first it looked that I have such storng hand that he has not many hands which could call 3 streets big bets :) so its like to look bluffy.

BUt yes - he can have OESD, and pairs which he is not folding even to big raise.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      The flop is pretty dry and typically not so good for check-raising, especially with random bluffs. This means your check-raising range is shifted to ready hands, which means in the aggregate with your overbet on the river it is really hard for him to call here even top pair with good kicker. Thats why I think overbet is a bad idea. Just bet river 8 into 10, it will be look much more bluffy.
      And also he is pretty straight on the river and with raising flop cbet, which means we probably have to fold vs his raise, I am not sure about him raising K7 on the river.