BTN: $3.92
      SB: $7.06
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $9.31
      MP: $4.65
      CO: $1.95

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 8:heart: 5:heart:

UTG raises to $0.10, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.40, 4 players) 7:heart: T:spade: 6:spade:
      SB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Turn: ($0.70, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $1.25, SB calls $0.95

River: ($3.20, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $3.07

No one showed real strength preflop so I decided to call it on the flop cause bet is small, I have BDFD and some rather clean straight outs and raise is somewhat unlikely.
      On the turn raise big for value but on the river I may bet 1.75 without shoving and betting more makes no sense I think cause it's clear we're not folding so I decide to shove. What's better on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      even with the odds, preflop seems too loose, it's a low 2-gapper...
      i prefer folding.

main point is: you have to be very careful with being outkicked.
      you are 4way, so fold top pair and when the money starts going in you have to be very careful against possible overflushes, overtrips and overstraights as you are 4-way and stack to pot ratio is still reasonably high.

postflop is well played, SB doesn't seem to be a very good player due to his bet sizings so you might be able to raise a little bit bigger on the turn to set a pot size river shove.
      you should have the nuts most often as J8 is pretty unlikely.

against good players, though, it's going to be really hard to get paid by anything less than 8x on the river so you might consider a "suckbet" like $1 hoping to get a crying call by 2p or whatever.