[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM 94s SB 3barrel

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      no sample but villain seems like a reasonable reg. thoughts?

PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 54 BB
      Hero (SB): 101.96 BB
      BB: 110.52 BB
      UTG: 86.2 BB
      MP: 88.72 BB
      CO: 112.84 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 4:spade: 9:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB
      as a default vs perceived ok regs i open any suited and cut on borderline offsuit trash like T8o because suited rulz, actually i really like their playability

Flop: (4 BB, 2 players) Q:spade: T:spade: 7:diamond:
      Hero bets 2.64 BB, BB calls 2.64 BB

Turn: (9.28 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      Hero bets 6.4 BB, BB calls 6.4 BB
      i bet with the plan of 3barreling any non K-J. think his range has enough of draws and mediumish pairs
      A might improve a hand like AT A7 KJ sometimes but i think i have to barrel it too :f_biggrin:

River: (22.08 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      Hero bets 14.4 BB, ...
  • 6 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Fold pre.
      If you open 94s you are opening 40% which is way to high vs a good reg.

You can prob put this hand into your x/r range OTF.

I don't like 3 barreling with this hand. Seems quite spewy vs an unknown. I'd rather do it with the nut flush draw or Ksxs to have more equity. Also with this hand you are behind most FD that villain can have. So I would x/f turn versus an unknown. Because at this point this is a 3 barrel or nothing.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I agree with Max. Very wide preflop open which should be a fold against any half decent reg imo.

Postflop, you can cbet or c/r, hard to really play well because your opponent has a stronger range than you on the flop because you open so wide which continues all the way to the river so barreling is quite dangerous and only works against people that simply fold to much. It's BvB though and people tend to call down a lot here.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      it's nl25, do we have to give them that much credit? :P
      my stats say ~60% overall, that's obviously opponent dependant though and i agree that against this guy folding pre is better.

i feel that people are just folding too much bbvsb so i exploit that by opening a wide range on sb.
      out of all players that i have more than 200 hands on right now (about 10 on sh :P ) only one is folding bb 60% or less to sb opens and i feel like the average fold% is definitely 70%+.

i'll probably revert to more standard ranges and 3x open once i have ~500 hands on someone but as a general sh25 zoom gameplan i feel that the way i am playing is working well.
      i do my best not to spew too hard postflop, just c/f when i don't flop any equity or suitable boards :P
      my cbetting frequencies aren't super out of line, it's 60/50/50 atm and folding 70% to a float bet.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The problem is that is the average fold against everyone's ranges from SB not just against you.

Minraising SB should get you no credit whatsoever against any reg, I personally don't fold any hand if we have an OK stack behind because you cannot do anything when opening so wide and so small OOP..

If it's working you don't have to change it.. I haven't played NL25 Zoom for quite some time now, over a year but I would advocate against opening >30% in SB in just about all cases.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      It's good that you are trying to exploit people but I agree with what Manu said about opening wide and 2x.

Before opening up your range and exploit people I would wait to know that they are folding too much (i.e I wouldn't open wide until I know I can). No need for a huge sample but but still.

One more thing to keep in mind too when ppl are folding too much to your steals:
      They will have a tighter range so you've got to be cautious post flop and not overplay your hands.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Silver
      i mostly agree, i only really fold like worst 10% or something to sb minraises (picked it from you, i know you don't fold anything but i'm not quite there yet :D )
      it almost makes me feel weird inside, like "omg he can't be folding here, how can they fold so much"... then they go ahead and fold. :f_biggrin:

think i am making most monies preflop, i'll keep an eye on it. i'm aware that they are calling strong ranges so i def try to play postflop more carefully and i don't cbet wide at all.
      right now my sb graph is amazing even filtering out premium hands, but it's obv low sample rungood as no one loses at less than 10BB/100 :P

in this hand he folded river, probably had KT at best.