[NL2-NL10] HU nl100 vs good reg

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

While I agree that it's going to be rare for villain to have JX, I really see no need to turn it into a bluff.

I think you should usually check the Turn as well since that should be a card that he is going to bet at really often.

Villain is strongly repping something like K6/K8/KQ/AK when he raises the Turn, and maybe he has some draws too like QT or diamonds.

The river is interesting, that is a really terrible card to be bluffing at. I wonder how often he is going to be betting this river light. I suppose if you really thought he is value betting AK here then turning JX into a bluff makes more sense. But at the same time would you really donk JX on the Turn? That doesn't make too much sense to me.
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Him having KQ and AK in his river betting range is standard I thought? I can still rep fh-s otr, maybe not 6's or 8's because I'd 3b them on turn but j8 and j6 still, true?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah i suppose he should value bet AK/KQ most of the time since I don't see you leading too many JX hands on the Turn.

But if that was the case, then shouldn't he give you less credit for a Jack here? And I don't think you rep too many boats as you pointed out that 66/88 often checkraises the Turn which I completely agree with. You only rep a limited number of trips.

I think this is very much an image dependent situation. A good reg would probably catch you here cos you rep little but if you have nitty image throughout then you should probably be able to get away with this play.