This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] HU nl100 vs good reg

• 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

While I agree that it's going to be rare for villain to have JX, I really see no need to turn it into a bluff.

I think you should usually check the Turn as well since that should be a card that he is going to bet at really often.

Villain is strongly repping something like K6/K8/KQ/AK when he raises the Turn, and maybe he has some draws too like QT or diamonds.

The river is interesting, that is a really terrible card to be bluffing at. I wonder how often he is going to be betting this river light. I suppose if you really thought he is value betting AK here then turning JX into a bluff makes more sense. But at the same time would you really donk JX on the Turn? That doesn't make too much sense to me.
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      Him having KQ and AK in his river betting range is standard I thought? I can still rep fh-s otr, maybe not 6's or 8's because I'd 3b them on turn but j8 and j6 still, true?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah i suppose he should value bet AK/KQ most of the time since I don't see you leading too many JX hands on the Turn.

But if that was the case, then shouldn't he give you less credit for a Jack here? And I don't think you rep too many boats as you pointed out that 66/88 often checkraises the Turn which I completely agree with. You only rep a limited number of trips.

I think this is very much an image dependent situation. A good reg would probably catch you here cos you rep little but if you have nitty image throughout then you should probably be able to get away with this play.