FLOP ($0.38) 9:diamond: J:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero bets $0.30, BTN raises to $0.68, Hero calls $0.38,

TURN ($1.74) 9:diamond: J:diamond: Q:heart: Q:diamond:

check, BTN bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.18, BTN calls $2.18,

RIVER ($8.10) 9:diamond: J:diamond: Q:heart: Q:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero shows K:spade: Q:spade:

Villain has vpip61/pfr5/a 2.2/ag.freq.32/wts26/wsd52/
      fold to cb43,hands99,villain sometimes minraises with overcards or tpwk,
      usually with set(he had 2 in this session).
      I called this minraise on flop and decided to reevaluate on turn,I understanded that i can be against flush draw,straight,monster draw or set.Turn gave me set and i decided to
      go broke with full house draw,maybe i have better set.So , 1) was my call on flop right? 2)was turn right? 3)can i go broke with full house draw on board which allows various kinds of draw? I thought my implieds was good.
      Be harsh to me :) and thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • GrantJennings
      Ewww, that is an ugly board. You have a piece of it, but it isn't the best piece, as you pointed out. I'd say your hand has definite showdown value, but my goal would be to reach the showdown as cheaply as possible, as there is a significant chance you might be beat even on the turn. By the time that horrible river comes, however, I'd be hard pressed to call any serious kind of bet.

When you say, maybe your set is better than his, you mean that you've got a read that he's got the queen of clubs and a worse kicker? If he's flopped a set, his full is made on the turn, and you are dead to 8 outs to make quads or a better boat. If he has a flush instead of a full (or some weird Q), you only have 9 or 10 outs. Also, you say that you feel that your implied odds were good... but you were all in already, and the game is table-stakes only right? There's no more getting money into that pot, so your implied odds and pot odds are the same in this spot.

I like the cBet on the Flop. Against this player, a call is the right play against the re raise, I think, but at this point, I'm putting the brake on until I'm sure my top pair is good.

Check raising on the turn is a nono, I think. I don't think you have any significant fold equity against this player in this spot: your read is going to be better than mine, but it looks to me like he's got a piece of this board and isn't going to release. Also, I'd say you want to keep this pot as small as possible at this stage, especially since his flushdraw might have just arrived. I might even consider bailing out instead of pot-committing myself with a call, but I'd need a read on this player to justify a fold. It is really borderline on the turn... I'd call, but I'd hate myself for it, I'm pretty sure.

If he's on a busted straight draw without a diamond, or some weird pair again without a diamond, well, you aren't gonna get much money from him on the river. You shouldn't anyway. You never know though. But when you consider that those are the only hands you can beat at that point, besides stone cold bluffs that also happen to be missing a diamond, I think it's a pretty safe play to just check it down to see a cheap showdown if you can, or bail out if there's significant action. As Mike Caro says, money you don't lose is just as useful as money you win.
    • dallievas
      Check raising on the turn is a nono

actually i should admit i was thinking seriously what to do when was my turn to act and checked without initial intention to c/r :)
      Thanks for your answer.
    • Kaitz20

You have trips against player who plays 61% of his hands and who like to play his hands aggressively.
      I think flop play is, since board is drawy and although you might be ahead it is better bet/call and then evaluate on the turn if you like to play for stacks.
      Turn: c/rai is fine, since he´d call with worse handa nd if you are sure that he´ll bet again it is the best move.
      c/c is bad, since you´re often ahead, but giving him free river card.
      my option would be bet/call. This way I know that he won´t get another free card and if he wants to shove I´m committing myself.
    • dallievas
      Thank you,was very helpful :)