Usa?

• rjay4rmdabay
      rjay4rmdabay
      Basic
      passed the quiz then it asked me to put in my personal data.

I have done that but then i had 1 issue.

When selecting a country which i currently live in USA it said that there are legal issues.

So how would i receive my starting capital to play? I wanted to play on full tilt poker hoping that i will receive my capital but since that sign poped up I cant even send my data to pokerstrategy. Is it just me or is anyone else have this problem other then the US players? I know in some states of the US u have to be 21 to gamble but I am currently 19yrs old. Full tilt poker requires you to be 18. So i dont know if that has to do with anything?
  • 13 replies
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      No it's to do with the gambling laws in the US, the same laws that made party poker cease allowing US players. You won't be able to claim the bonus as far as I am aware.

When you first registered you should have seen this: "By clicking the send button I agree with the Terms and Conditions and confirm that I am atleast 18 years of age and currently not residing in the USA."
    • rjay4rmdabay
      rjay4rmdabay
      Basic
      wow that really is crap. Sorry for the language, so there wasn't no reason for me to take the quiz if i cant even get my starting capital then right?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by rjay4rmdabay
      wow that really is crap. Sorry for the language, so there wasn't no reason for me to take the quiz if i cant even get my starting capital then right?
      that's right.. so.. um, why did you take the quiz again? :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      No, but you can still create an account with one of the platforms, and gain pokerstrategy points. That way you will still be a full member, and can be an active part of this community.

There is lots of great 1st deposit bonuses that pokerstrategy have.

The community would really help you grow as a player aswell, theres great help and info available.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redskwerl
      Off topic, reskwerl do you read the forum all the time?

This is a genuine question. I'm not insulting you. But I would just like to know.

Due to the fact you have made 40 posts in 5 months. I was just wondering if people like you read the forums all the time? Or whether you just read it every now and then?

If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason why you dont post more? Do you feel like your views wont matter? Or like you will be insulted if you make a mistake in a reply?

Again this is just questions i'd like to know, dont want you to feel like i'm picking on you.

GL on the tables, thx!
      Stiev
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by cannell555

This is a genuine question. I'm not insulting you. But I would just like to know.

Due to the fact you have made 40 posts in 5 months. I was just wondering if people like you read the forums all the time? Or whether you just read it every now and then?

If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason why you dont post more? Do you feel like your views wont matter? Or like you will be insulted if you make a mistake in a reply?

Again this is just questions i'd like to know, dont want you to feel like i'm picking on you.

GL on the tables, thx!
      Stiev
      ah it's okay, I take no offense :)

well, I mainly play NL, on a site that's not linked to my PS account

my PS site is mansion, where I'm still (lol) clearing the $100 bonus - as you can probably tell i don't play there much :) , just every once in a while when I feel like playing low limit PLO or FL.
      so.. when i play on mansion, i also log into PS to read the news/forums, post some inane replies and.. that's about it i guess!
    • rjay4rmdabay
      rjay4rmdabay
      Basic
      i took it to become a better player and start my poker career. :tongue: The only thing is i wont get my starting capital. X(
    • rjay4rmdabay
      rjay4rmdabay
      Basic
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Originally posted by redskwerl

GL on the tables, thx!
      Stiev

what else platforms are available that i can use in the USA
    • tommern
      tommern
      Bronze
      I think pokerstars and full tilt poker allow US players.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I do know stars allows usa players. Not sure about any others though
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      The crappy thing about it all is it is because of a law that the states instituted back in the '60s before the internet was around for public use designed so that you could not place bets on sporting events over the phone, but somehow it has been miscontrued to include gambling online due to the ambiguous wording.
    • rjay4rmdabay
      rjay4rmdabay
      Basic
      i know full tilt poker doesnt allow because thats what i was trying to use.

So how would i change platforms to pokerstars and redo all the personal data to get my bonus?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      i know full tilt poker doesnt allow because thats what i was trying to use.

So how would i change platforms to pokerstars and redo all the personal data to get my bonus?
      Hello rjay4rmdabay,

I am sorry to say that at the moment we cannot transfer starting capital to players from the U.S. due to the current legal situation in your country no matter on what platform (so not even Stars or Full Tilt) This is why you needed to indicate that you are not from the USA when you registered.

If and when the legal situation in the USA changes we hope to also accept US players - but until then there is nothing we can do

Best regards
      SoyCD