[NL20-NL50] NL25: AA against a guy that is really steaming

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      Some history to this hand...I played my normal tight SSS game on Stars and lost like 10 buy-ins. Coolers, bad beats the lot. So I decided to take a break and fool around at Party with the $20 or so I had there...ignored BRM and bought in with $5 at a NL25 table and doubled up with AA...then i started to play very loose and call every hand to create a very loose image at the table. I would raise like 92o UTG and when everyone folds I show...ready to fold if i get reraised. I manage to double up again with a straight (the money went in with me ahead, he try to bluff with A high) so this guy starts harrasing me and wanting to play HU...so then this happend:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $23.42
      Hero:
      $58.87
      MP2:
      $6.41

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG folds, Hero calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.25, 4 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.85) 2:spade: , 3:spade: , K:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.65, Hero raises to $4.67, MP2 folds, BB calls $4.02.

Turn: ($10.19) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB raises $18.50 (All-In), Hero calls $18.50.

River: ($47.19) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $47.19

Was this correct play? I knew that the table is relatively tight so I won't get many callers and this guy is really steaming. Hope he is not from Poker strategy...apologies in advance. I'll adhere to strick BRM this was a once off fun session. I really want to show the results but won't. It is really funny :)
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      You raise 92o UTG, but just limps with AA PF? Raise it.
      Oh, and don't raise 92o PF, it's OK to raise some marginal hands just to balance your table image, or to creat a looser image on the table, but 92o is not marginal, it's just trash. :D
      And I don't think you really need to make this kind of moves in NL25, just play ABC poker and you should be fine.
      Oh, and one more thing, I'm not really a fan of showing your cards... unless you really know what you're doing (or just wanna have fun with your friends in a home game :P ).

On the flop I'd raise less, I see no reason to overbet the pot, unless you have been doing this quite often (wich is pretty stupid by the way), so you want to play the same way you have been playing to make it look like you're trying to take down the pot with air.

Turn, well, given the history and your reads, I'm calling too.
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      Hello Termi8r

You should be raising all your playable hands when first in pre-flop, AA is no exception.

I don't realy see the need to raise it that much on the flop - why not make it around $2?

Turn is fine.