This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Flush River vs Overraise

• jazzy29
      jazzy29
      Bronze
      Button ($31.91)
      SB ($20.90)
      Hero (BB) ($25.42)
      UTG ($25.69)
      MP ($26.93)
      CO ($30.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 4
      4 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.50) K, 4, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.50) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

River: ($1.30) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB raises to $7.25, Hero raises to $24.77 (All-In), SB calls $13 (All-In)

Total pot: $41.80 | Rake: $1.88

Hey, last session I felt like playing slightly on tilt, as a review here some keyhands.

I think I could have betthe flop, the turn looks pritty ok, on the river I'm not sure what he's doing since villain was unknown. Maybe a overplayed straight or straight, but most of the cases I don't believe in a bluff, it should be a flush. Thats why I think my (tilt) push instead of snapcall is a really bad play.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Flop: Definitely betting here, you can get some thin value from Ace high and 3X. It also serves as a protection bet.

Turn: I would bet small again, maybe 1/3 pot. This is a thin value/potcontrol/pot building play. The purpose of the bet is not clear, but it serves multiple functions.

River: You have the 9 high flush. You should either call or fold here. Fold if you think he's never raising worse. Shipping just isolates you vs a stronger range.

IMO he can still have some 5X in his range, or maybe 58 so I would call here and feel ok about it.