HM2 Export not working

• ttesone
      ttesone
      Black
      Hi,

I've repeatedly tried to export hands from my DB but it doesn't work. It says "please be patient while..." and does nothing. And before you ask if I was indeed patient, I waited a long time to see if it did anything, but no file was being exported to the destination folder.

The hands to export are "Hero only". The thing that bugs me is that I didn't find anywhere to setup which nicknames are from "hero" in my DB. Does it know that automatically?

On reports I use an alias with multiple nicknames.

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Hero is automatically detected from the handhistories.
      The export has a problem with the hero export if you have multiple heroes in your database so i would suggest to export them from the reports, select one screenname and in the hand view choose all, right click -> Save to hard drive.

But usually you should already have all your hero hands in the archive folder c:\hm2archive
    • ttesone
      ttesone
      Black
      Originally posted by netsrak
      Hero is automatically detected from the handhistories.
      The export has a problem with the hero export if you have multiple heroes in your database so i would suggest to export them from the reports, select one screenname and in the hand view choose all, right click -> Save to hard drive.

But usually you should already have all your hero hands in the archive folder c:\hm2archive
      When there are lots of hands the option of saving them to hard drive through the hand view is almost impossible because it lags too much and even runs out of memory (altough I have 16GB RAM). But it seems postgresql has a limite to how much it can use.
      I do have some in the HM2Archive but I didn't use HM the whole year. I used PT4 and I erased the hand histories exported from that DB (and the DB too)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I'm afraid the only solution is to export the hands in smaller parts step by step.